getting caught? (part 11)

clay:
"i can't help falling in love with you"... lilah, i need to tell you something.

delilah:
yeah clay?

this was going to be it, where he tells me he loves me. where i get to tell him i have been in love with him for four years. 

clay:
i-

drista:
clay! george and nick are here! 

clay:
wait what? why?

delilah:
they can't see me here with you! not yet.

clay:
okay you are right, go hide in my kitchen! 

delilah:
okay! see you soon.

i run into the kitchen and hide behind the counter, clay runs in behind me and opens the front door. i hear nick yelling, of course, and i hear george say hello.

nick:
hey clay! surprise!

george:
hey! we got you good, you look so scared!

clay:
(nervously laughs)
what are you guys doing here?

nick:
we wanted to hang out! 

george:
we texted delilah and we knocked on her door but she didn't answer. do you know where she is?

clay:
oh i have no idea where she is, i only talked to her when we were filming. 

nick:
well now that we are all here i am going to try and call her. 

clay:
NO!... uh don't do that. she actually told me she was out on a date. she wanted me to keep it a secret.

george:
you are acting weird, what is going on?

clay:
i just told you, what do you mean?

nick:
he is being weird, are you sure delilah is on a date? how are you feeling about that? 

george:
yeah i know you have liked her for quite a while. 

clay:
oh guys it doesn't matter, trust me i am over her. 

nick:
yeah sure. why is her car here then?

george:
oh yeah we saw that when we were walking in.

clay:
oh she came here to drop something off before the date and her date guy, whatever he is, just picked her up from here.

george:
oh, did you see what he looked like?

clay:
no i didn't, i wasn't looking. you guys ready to go upstairs?

george:
yeah.

nick:
yeah sure, race you up there! 

once they left i could finally breathe. i totally forgot about my car, clay is a good actor. they said he liked me for a while. what was he going to say outside before we got interrupted? i really want to know now. 

the boy named clay || 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें