we'll be okay (part 13)

delilah:
clay?

he looks up from the table and notices me. his eyes light up, he is actually happy to see me. i did not expect him to be excited to see me.

clay:
delilah! 

we both run to each other and i jump in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. i nuzzle my head into his chest. we stay like that for a while.

i lean away from his neck and look at him, his green eyes make eye contact with my eyes. i kiss him, oh how i have missed the taste of his lips. i have missed him, i hated being mad at him. it was only for a day, and i don't think i can ever do it again. he sets me down so we can talk.

clay:
what are you doing here?

delilah:
george came over to my house today... a-and he 
(starts tearing up)
he told me that what he and nick said was a joke. i am so sorry i didn't trust you. i wanted too, i really di-

he kisses me again, this time more passionate. like he was hungry, like he needed me. and frankly, i needed him too. 

clay:
i know, i know. it's okay, i missed you. i hated you being mad at me.

delilah:
i missed you too, so much. i am so sorry, i can't believe i didn't trust you. i should have known you would never do that. it is just everything with zach just came flooding back and... i am just really sorry clay. 

clay:
hey lilah, it is okay. trust me it-

delilah:
oh you can trust me on this, i will never not trust you again. 
(laughs)

clay:
yeah you better!
(laughs)

laughing. that is good. that is great. i missed his laugh.

nick:
well that was a show!

george:
(claps)

delilah:
huh?

clay:
were you guys watching that whole thing?

nick:
yeah, it was great. i owe george five bucks now.

delilah:
what is going on? how did you know?

george:
well delilah, you told me you were going to see clay. so i just had to see what was about to go on, and i brought nick for the ride.

clay:
well now they know, we don't have to keep it a secret.

he picks me up and kisses me again, right in front of nick and george. god this feels different. it is like he is showing me off, and damn does it feel good!

nick:
okay, you guys can be together but i would rather you guys just kiss when we aren't around.

george:
yes please!

me and clay just look at each other and break down laughing. this is how it should be. the four of us. it feels great.

clay:
you guys want to go inside?

~~~~~~~