uh, this is awkward (part 14)

author's note: hey my lovely readers! how are you? i am hoping great! :) i want to tell you, thank you for reading my story or stories. it means so much to a small writer like me! i can not thank you enough for 200 reads on both of my stories. i can not really tell anyone because my family would think i am weird and my friends don't even know i play minecraft. so i am telling you guys, thank you! if you could comment and vote on my stories i would appreciate that so much, if not, that is perfectly fine too! thank you again! it means so much. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

clay:
mom?!

i look over at the car that pulled into his driveway. it was clay's mom, michelle. i have known her for a while now and she has always been like a second mom to me. 

michelle:
hi clay, hi delilah. how are you?

clay:
what are you doing here mom? you didn't tell me you were stopping by.

michelle:
oh, drista said she forgot one of her shirts here so i decided to stop by and come and get it. i brought brownies!

delilah:
oh my god, yes! your brownies are the BEST!

michelle:
oh you are too nice, thank you!

i rush over to michelle and grab the tray of brownies from her hands. clay walks over behind me and gives her a hug. once i get inside i realize how awkward that situation just was.

me and clay were slow dancing in the rain and i was about to tell him i love him. his mom pulled up in the pouring rain and just kind of had to intervene. we also didn't have shoes on, and i was in his sweatshirt. if i was her, i would have gotten right back in her car and drove away.

clay and michelle walk in behind me and i go to set down the brownies on the counter. she looks at me and clay weird and that is when i look down and realize that me and clay are soaking wet.

delilah:
i am going to go upstairs and change, be right back! 

clay's pov

once lilah goes upstairs to change, my mom looks at me with a kind smile on her face.

clay:
what?

michelle:
you guys seemed happy when i pulled up, is there something i should know?

clay: 
well about that, me and lilah are sort of a thing. 

michelle:
really? 

clay:
yeah, for about three weeks.

michelle:
now i have to give drista ten bucks. 

clay:
has everyone bet on me and lilah getting together?! what the hell!

michelle:
(shrugs shoulders)
it was about time you guys got together. your eyes always light up when you see her. 

clay:
was it really that noticeable? 

michelle:
well yeah clay, it was pretty obvious you liked her. it was also pretty obvious she liked you.

the boy named clay || 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें