the wake up call (part 6)

we looked at what was happening and we realized that this wasn't right. sure we like each other, or well at least i like him. but i just got out of a relationship, i can not start another one... but who says it has to be a relationship?

clay:
lilah, are you ok?
(clay gets out of bed and puts his shirt back on)

delilah:
(thinks to herself,
when did he take his shirt off?)
(looks at clay, yep he is staring at me)
oh uh yeah! i am fine, good, actually i am great!

clay:
okay cool, uh do you want to order breakfast? 

delilah:
actually yeah, i think we should.
do you think i should call george and nick to come over?

clay:
yes! i mean, only if you want. 

delilah:
yes i will call them.
(softly laughs)
now, do you think nick would want pancakes or waffles?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it is me, nick, george, and clay all sitting on my couch chowing down on our breakfast. who knew i was so hungry? i don't think that nick and george know that clay stayed over at my house last night. i am also not sure if i want to tell them. 

nick:
earth to delilah?

delilah:
oh!
sorry, haha i was just thinking about some things.

george:
like whattttt?
(purposely draws out the what) 

delilah:
(makes eye contact with clay)
uh, haha
(looks away)
doesn't matter, it uh doesn't matter.
(you say smiling, looking down at your hands)

clay:
guys come on, stop grilling her.
she is just thinking, we all do it.

luckily clay saved me, i was not ready to tell them i was thinking about clay holding my hand while cuddling me. i was NOT ready for clay to find that out, just yet. 

nick and george decided they would pick out the movie and i would go and make popcorn. i am happy i got to get out of their! i was done twiddling my thumbs, it happens all the time when i am nervous. i got out of their and walked into the kitchen.

i popped the bag of popcorn into the microwave and i heard some footsteps, i turn around and it is clay. i look at him, smile and then turn away back to the microwave. 

he walks up to my back and presses up against me, he holds my hand in his and turns me around.

clay:
i know you were thinking about me, lilah

delilah:
(laughs nervously)
what h-how did you-

clay:
because i was thinking about you too.

i look down and we are still holding hands, he notices my hand in his and lets go. i know i might late regret this, but i grab his hand back and hold it in mine. we look into each others eyes and lean in, almost like we are going to ki-

nick:
what are you guys doing in there?
hurry up!

thanks nick thanks, that is super nice of you. ugh.