One

Casey

Strangely, I didn't wake up to the sweet smell of one of my scented candles that I would lit during the night, instead I woke up to the smell of man cologne and two hairy legs across my body, holding me pinned down. As I was adjusting my eyes to the light that was shining through the curtains, I remembered Jack had invited me over- or more like I invited myself over at his place for a sleepover.

When my eyes were fully open, I tilted my head to the side to see Jack's face, his lips slightly parted and soft snores escaped his mouth every now and then. He's adorable when he's sleeping. My eyes traveled down his body, until I arrived at his hands. His nails were coloured because I chose to paint his nails last night.

I've never really had a female best friend, Jack is the only one I tell everything to, he's basically my soulmate. And because of the fact I barely have any female friends, he allowed me to do whatever girly shit I felt like doing, with him. I knew he regretted ever agreeing on that, but hey, it was his idea. "Jack," I whispered, shaking his legs which were sprawled on my lower body. He didn't budge at all, so I called his name a little louder, which resulted into him closing his mouth and opening his eyes.

"Good morning," He yawned, stretching his body, nearly slapping me in the face. "Dude, can you stretch without trying to knock me out." I said annoyed and pushed his legs off of my numb lower body. "Sorry girl, I warned you about sleeping in the same bed," Jack apologised, but he had a smirk plastered on his face. "You're a dick," I mumbled and collected some of my clothes from the pile on the floor as I made my way into the bathroom.

Halfway dressing up, I heard the bathroom door open, but I already knew it was Jack, no one else lives with him. Jack and I grew so close that we dress up in front of each other, we cry in front of each other, I felt so confident and comfortable whenever I'm with him, it was almost like he was my older brother– My thoughts were interrupted by Jack poking my side, "I told you not to touch me there, it's my sensitive spot." I warned Jack, who was still half sleeping. When I finished dressing up, I told Jack to hurry up, since I didn't want to be late to school again and get detention.

***

"Don't sit down yet," The teacher spoke up when everyone wanted to get a seat. All the students sighed and groaned, knowing what time it is. "I've assigned new seats." Mr. Dereck announced, receiving death glares from the angry students. I pouted at Jack, since we used to sit next to each other, but I guess that will have to change right now.

"Jack, you can sit next Lily, front row." The teacher read off of a small piece of paper, I let go of Jack's hand that was firmly holding mine as he made his way towards Lily, a girl who usually never talks until she was asked to. The list of students seemed to go on forever, until he called my name.

"Casey, your seat is next to Samuel's, second row." Mr. Dereck pointed at an empty desk near the window. I knew Sam was a friend of Jack, or at least they hung out with the same people, yet I've never talked to him before. "Yeah man," I heard Sammy yell as he bro hugged all of his friends who nearly pushed him towards me. "Sam, keep it down or I will seat you alone." The teacher snapped at Sam who was now standing next to me.

"Hi pretty girl," He greeted me, reaching out his hand. I grabbed it, shaking it lightly and let go almost immediately. "Hey, my name's Casey." I tried to stay polite, but Sam's attitude already began to annoy me. I looked over at Jack who was laughing and chatting with Lily, which gave me a strange feeling in my stomach, almost as if I was nauseous. "Don't be jealous, we'll make a cuter couple than them." I heard Sammy say, so I snapped my head towards him.

"I am not jealous and we are not making a couple," I waved my index finger between us. I sat down in my spot, shoving my stool as much to the side as I could, as far away from Sam. Mr. Dereck stood up from his desk chair and sushed the classroom, before giving us a task. "Make exercises 1 to 7, on page 48 with your neighbour." He told us as I groaned, this meant I had to work with Sam. "Hey, I know you don't like me, but I can tell that the fact Jack and Lily are clicking already is bothering you." Sam's voice was super close, so I looked to my side, to see his face inches next to mine. "You don't know shit," I spat refusing to believe what he's saying, although I knew somewhere that he was right.

Jack and I may not be dating, but he was still my Jack. He's my best friend, my soulmate, mine. And if he were to get a girlfriend, I should approve of her. That was one of our rules, no dating unless we approve of it. Minutes passed by, when suddenly the bell rang. Students struggled to get out of the classroom as fast as possible, but I headed straight for the duo who were still talking to each other; Jack and Lily. "Hi," I nudged Jack's side as he smiled down at me, embracing my waist.

Jack attempted to introduce me to the girl, but I interrupted him, instead. "I'm his best friend, but you can call me Casey." I tried to keep my fake smile on as Lily hesitated to give me a hand.

"Will you excuse us for a minute?" Jack held his index finger up at the girl and pulled me out of the classroom.

"What has gotten into you?"