3

Of course this stayed a secret. My friends only got to know half of what really happened. They knew Mr. Horan from what I or Hannah have told them and let us say they were kind of torn. I didn't want them to tell me what my mind was yelling at me.

This wasn't normal.

No professor should act like that in front of a student.

Hannah rolled her eyes the moment she heard his name, continuing to slurp her cappuccino. Jo and Claire simply shrugged their shoulders, not knowing what to say. Like me, they would like to close this topic like the silly thing it is for them.

It wasn't a silly thing for me though but every distraction provided me a safety buoy in this ocean of my thoughts that rolled over me in waves. I didn't want to think about why Mr. Horan's impact on me didn't decrease but rather started to increase. Why he could be this cold and still amaze me?

Was it the difference between us? I saw myself as the complete opposite to him. I love to laugh, to make jokes, to see the world as a big opportunity to wear a smile on my face. Instead of that, I became a whining chihuahua, throwing me in front of his feet at every chance I could get. As if I was eagerly awaiting a praise from him, nice words.

Would something of this sort even leave his lips?

I convulsively attempted to wash away the rising storm in my body with lukewarm tea my friends have bought me minutes ago. Only the loud conversations around me helped me a little bit until Hannah and I had to leave for our Geography lecture.

Claire stayed. The girl with copper dyed hair had to wait another hour for one of her IT courses. Jo however accompanied us for half of the way. After that she had to go left to get to the chemistry department and we had to turn right.

The triangle-shaped like building only consisted of lecture halls. It was the only place where you could have a lecture next to students from other departments because those rooms were used by many professors and academics equally.

We scurried through the heavy doors inside, straight downstairs. The first thing we did was to search for seats at our right, close to the high walls just like we did any other semester. Students on this side of the hall didn't get to be called unasked by the professors. You were basically safe here. Despite the lecture hall being full, we were able to get some good seats. A young man was already sitting here, looking around the room as if he was new.

He was cute, I had to admit. Same goes with Hannah who nudged me with her elbow. Because he seemed like a nice person, I decided to speak to him.

"Hi! Excuse me, are those seats taken?" I pointed at the seats at the wall. He turned his head which was covered in soft curls. A polite smile appears on his face. 

"No, not at all!" He arised, Hannah on my side gasped quietly. He surely was tall. The young man with the slender figure left the seats close to the wall for us, his smile never fading. We squeezed past him and he sat down again, two seats between me and him, stretching his long legs. It was quiet for a few seconds until my friend addressed him. Something she never did to new people.

"Are you new here?" He thought for a second before nodding, his brown eyes giving me friendly vibes. Like a cute handsome nerd in a plaid shirt. A title I had given Mr. Horan before.

"Actually, you can say that. I came here from another college." We girls nodded like two idiots, not knowing what so say.

"And you decide against sitting in the middle block?" He looked over at the students arranging their stuff before adverting his gaze again.

"Yes, here you can get the best places in this whole lecture hall." Hannah answered. He chuckled like it was the dumbest, yet most amusing thing he has ever heard.