15. The call

Arya
        It's nice to be back home. I mean the hiking was really nice and all but it was so difficult. Im glad that I did that. I spent a lot of quality time with my brother. He told me that he learned cooking because he liked nice food and couldn't afford to eat outside food every day. He also admitted that at a point he got tired of eating ramen noodles. We also went through a short and awkward 'failed-past
-relationships' conversation.
I had a really good time with Aarav. That's what charmi said on that call,
"Chill, Arya. Just have fun. Spend time with your brother and don't think too much"
       Dear god I love that woman. I would definitely marry her if I was a guy. Even if she's on baby number 2 right now.
       "Well I was going to tell you that I'm pregnant, but your news is bigger sweetheart, let's start from the top, shall we?"
"Oh my god! You're pregnant? Again?"
"Yes. You say that like it's dirty?"
"Do you know the population of India? Why would you let a poor child suffer from all that competition and traffic?"
"And to say that I was expecting an enthusiastic 'congratulations' from you?"
We both go silent for a span of few seconds and then she says,
"I'll be fine Arya"
"You said that last time too!"
Yes, she said that she would be fine and ended up coming back from the dead. She experienced some complications during her labor, there was a lot of blood loss and her blood pressure dropped. I was worried sick and couldn't even breathe properly until I received the news of her well being. It still makes me shiver when I think about it. I cannot imagine a world without charmi's charm in it, she's my personalised Jhope, made in India for Arya.
"I'll really be okay Arya. Everyone is worried about me and I know it's difficult to understand but I wanna give a sibling to my siddhi. I don't want her to grow up alone like me"
Siddhi is her four years old daughter and my god-daughter and the most beautiful baby in the whole world. On some level I can understand why would she want another baby, I mean I'd love to have a few like siddhi myself.
"I understand charmi, I'm just worried about you. How far along are you?"
       "It's been blissful four months with all the nausea and stupid chocolate cravings"
"Ahh the good days"
       "Shut up"
"Congratulations to both of you, I'm really happy for you"
       "Yeah, yeah, apparently India's population is more important than me. I got it. Now let's start with you"
And I tell her about everything, the fan meet, dinner, our dates and our kisses .
"I don't know if this is just a longing for an idol that I've been fan of for a very long time or it's real?"
       "Real what Arya?"
"Real attraction?"
       "Why won't you say love?"
I bark out a short laugh, I saw that one coming.
"I don't know if I'm capable of love charmi, I won't throw out that word just after two dates"
       "There's your answer then. don't rush, savor your time there"
And then, "You went there to relax and get away from Anil uncle. I know V is a big deal to you but don't spend your entire duration there being anxious about him"
She's not a fan of BTS, I don't know how we are still friends but I manage. I tried to get her to love them, I mean how can you not? But it's not her cup of tea. I figured we cannot be exactly same and that thought makes me sad.
"Okay I'll try to relax and have a good time"
       "Yeesh! I don't give you attention for 2 days, just 2 days and you come up with rambling for an hour? What would you do without me Arya?"
"Let's not think about that dark alternative reality. And you better bloody take care of yourself. If I hear one complain from your husband this time around, I'll personally stay with you for the remaining 5 months and make your eat broccoli"
       "You evil witch. Don't say broccoli, I might throw up again. And yes I'll take care of myself"
We hang up after I tell her what South Korea is like and updating each other on some gossip around us. That's what a friend is supposed to be, an advisor in crisis.
       I think about V and the texts we exchanged and the mini make out sessions. Oh! he can definitely make me blush. I'm excited about the dinner. His cooking is terrible, let's see what he destroys tonight.

##**##**##<3##**##**##
Sometimes a call to the best friend is just what the doctor ordered. Have you had a crisis call?

I 💜 U
Thanksssss for reading
⭐️

I 💜 UThanksssss for reading ⭐️