18. I'll come and get you

Arya
       Manager Sejin called me to work for BTS again. Looks like I'm on god's favourite list. This time,  assistant of the script writer was in an accident and now is in hospital for a good few months. He wants me to help the script writer for the short time in which they can find someone.
       That's how I end up standing in front of big hit building again. A ghost of cool air blows through as I enter the place. It's just too much hot outside. A girl introduces herself and takes me to script writer. She shows me to the room and then leaves.
       I open the door to see a man in light blue T-shirt. Very refined features. Really handsome. He's holding a star bucks cup in his hand and talking on the phone. He smiles at me and holds up his finger, gesturing me wait for a minute. I look around the office, it's huge. There is the main table at which he's standing. And then there is a  table at the centre with eight chairs and then there are sofa seats adjacent to the entrance. I take a seat at the table and open my phone to text bhai.
Arya
I'm here
Bhai
Ok
"Hello I'm Kim Min-ho, you must be Arya", Min-ho says.
"Yes. Hello. You speak English well"
"Ahh , thanks. I went to states for my studies, worked there for a while and came back to join BTS"
"Ohh! Okay"
"And by the way I just read your book, it was amazing"
"Thanks"
After that he explains what I have to do for the team, an hour passes. Afterwards we are joined by three more people, who are editors. I was introduced and we all sat on the huge table to discuss the next "Run BTS" episode. It was amazing to see the work in progress, how smallest ideas take shape to become main theme and then they add and subtract things accordingly. They accept and reject each other's ideas readily without any hesitation and are confident about their opinions. I feel like these are the real heroes of the final product that we see in Run episodes. I am unable to contribute much as it's already hard enough to keep up with their train of thoughts.
       We have worked for hours by the time I am able to check my phone. It shows three missed calls. Two from  bhai and one from V. I'll just call them later. As I pick up my bag, Min-ho approaches me and says,
       "You did good on your first day, Arya"
"No no, I don't feel that way at all. Your work is like measuring the ocean and I feel like I'm just at the surface"
       "Don't worry you'll reach the bottom soon. You kept up with us today, that was good for now"
"I can't wait to see the bangtan doing all this. It feels like it will be fun"
       "Of course, it will be. By the way, have dinner with us. My treat, after all it was your first day"
I hesitate for a second because I don't know if RV has planned to eat with me.
       "What is it?", Min-ho reads my face.
"Nothing. It's just that my brother might have plans of eating with me"
       "Aah, RV? Just call him too. We often have  dinner together. It will be totally okay"
How many people does my brother have dinner regularly with? He has dinners with his manager and with writers and editors, on top of that he also bring  home made food  for the BTS members. I feel lacking in front of him. I love my brother and all but I don't know how I feel about him being so social. He was definitely not this friendly back then. I call him and tell him to meet at the said restaurant.
I spot my brother at entrance and raise my hand to indicate our presence, he immediately sees me and runs over to us.
       "Ya Hey, RV, you shouldn't keep your elders waiting. Especially not your pretty sister", Min-ho scolds him.
       "I'm sorry for being late and I don't have a pretty sister", my brother answers with a serious face.
       "What do you mean?", Min-ho hasn't figured it out yet.
       "I just have an ugly sister", he says utter sincerity.
His statement was absolutely predictable. Typical siblings behaviour. I hit him on his shoulder, he winces and then laughs. We give our orders and eat while trying to know more about each other. My brother talks with them in fluent Korean and keeps translating so I don't feel out of place. I really hate to say this, but my little brother has grown up. He's become considerate and a warm person who gets invited for dinners. I can only accept this in my thoughts but I have started to respect him. A little. Only a little.
Bhai has some work so he heads back. I'm on my way to home when I get a call from taehyung.
"Hello"
"I heard you joined the script writers team, is it true?"
"Yes"
"You should not join the team, not at all. If it's possible just leave, deny Sejin hyung"
"Calm down taehyung, first tell me what's wrong with me being in the team?"
"Did you sign any paperwork? Did they tell you any rules and regulations?"
"Taehyung jinjja really just calm down and tell me why do you want me gone?"
"We have non-fraternization policy at our company. If you sign contract we can't date"
"Does it mean that we're dating right now?"
.......
Silence
...............
More silence
Then, "Do I really have to answer that chigum right now?"
"Yes, please do"
"What if I say I'm not sure" I smile to myself.
"It's okay you can tell me what you feel. I'll try not to get offended", I try to joke.
"Try to?", he asks in a serious tone.
"That's the best I can do right now!"
"Arasseo okay, I am not much experienced in dating. I like you but I'm not sure where it's going. For now let's just stay this way. We can decide everything else later, okay?"
It is mostly the kind of answer I was expecting. Of course he has to be careful about dating stuff. It's totally understandable.
"Okay, got it. And don't worry about the contract part, it's on temporary basis and we're not telling anybody anyways. Plus I am really liking this work. Min-ho and team were very nice to me today. So I'd like to keep working"
"Min-ho was nice to you?"
"Yes he was, why do you ask?"
"Because he's generally not kind to new comers"
"He was nice and even invited me for dinner. We just finished it. Bhai went back to work and I'm going home now"
"He must like you a lot, if he asked you for dinner"
"Must be because I'm RV's sister"
"No he doesn't work like that. Min-ho likes and dislikes people on basis of his own criteria for them"
"Ohh okay. You must know him better", I don't know Min-ho enough to argue with taehyung about him but I still think that he's nice to me because of RV.
"Never mind. Go home. I'll text later. I'll head home in an hour or two", he tells me.
"Okay. Work hard", I wish him.
"Harder than this and you'll find me spread on the floor", he complains.
"If that happens then ask me to come and get you"
"That was cute, I'm touched"
"Ask me when you're really tired, I'll come and get you"
"Okay"

##**##**<3**##**##
I hope you enjoyed it!
I💜U
⭐️ 💭

    ##**##**<3**##**##I hope you enjoyed it! I💜U ⭐️ 💭