the present

warnings: nsfw

"Merry Christmas, bubs

"Merry Christmas, bubs."

Spencer pulls you closer, and you nuzzle your face into his chest. "Merry Christmas, pretty girl."

You smile to yourself, feeling Spencer full his comforter further up both of your bodies. "Do you really have to go to the office today?"

He runs his left hand through your hair. "I do, and I'm sorry. I wish I could stay here all day with you."

You look up at him, meeting his hazel eyes. "It's okay, I know you have to work."

"I wish I didn't have to." He plants a soft kiss to your forehead.

You smile softly, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his lips. Leaning back, you put your head back on his chest. You and Spencer had spent a week with Lexie and Ben before coming back to DC. Spencer had to occasionally work, but you two spent a lot of time together. Any time not spent with Spencer was spent working on your thesis—which you're almost done with, by the way.

"I got you a present," you mutter, feeling his fingers run through your hair.

"I got you one, too," he confesses.

"It's nothing big."

"Pretty girl, you could buy me a gallon of milk and I'd love it. And that's saying a lot because I'm lactose intolerant."

You laugh, leaning your head up to meet his eyes again. He grins at you, kissing your forehead again before you sit up. You stretch, groaning softly as you get out of bed. Spencer pulls you out of bed, and you giggle as he pulls you into the kitchen, turning his Keurig on to make coffee.

Spencer had explained to you that he never really gets a Christmas tree because he's always away so much on cases. But this year, he decided to get a little tree, decorating it with little ornaments, only a few presents resting underneath it. As he makes your coffee, you walk over to the tree, plucking your present to him from underneath it before settling on his couch.

He brings your coffee over, and you take a sip before setting it on his coffee table. He grabs a small present from under his tree before moving to his couch. He moves to sit behind you, you resting between his legs, wrapping his arms around you. He presses his lips to your neck, and you laugh.

"Here, open yours first," you say softly, gesturing to the present.

He gently takes the present from you before unwrapping the present, the paper crinkling underneath his fingers. He tosses the wrapper paper aside, revealing an olive-green sweater with little bears on it and a couple pairs of long, fuzzy socks with different, weird designs on them.

You turn your head to look at him. "Do you like it?"

His smile is wide, dimples pressing into his cheeks. "Pretty girl, I love it."