epilogue

the epilogue is a little short but i still think it's sweet🥺

"Is she awake?"

You nod, smiling down at the little bundle in your arms as Spencer closes the door to the apartment. He walks over to you, wrapping his arms around you from behind, his hands gently settling on your stomach. You're still super sore, and Spencer rests his chin in the crook on your neck, pressing a kiss to your neck.

"She's beautiful," your husband whispers, looking down at his newborn daughter.

You smile, leaning your head against his. "Yes, she is."

After almost nine hours of labor, you'd given birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl, 8 pounds, 19 inches. You and Spencer had agreed on a first name—Amelia. Amelia Diana Reid. You run your thumb gently across her soft cheek, her breathing even. She's so perfect. One of Spencer's hands moves to her head, gently cradling it.

"I love her," he murmurs. "And you. You're so strong."

You giggle, turning your head to look at him. He presses his lips to yours, and you kiss him back. The kiss is sweet and gentle, Spencer's lips moving slowly against yours. After a moment, you pull back, turning your attention back to your daughter.

"Let's go put her in her crib."

You and Spencer had put her crib in your shared room. When she gets a little bigger, you'll put it in her nursery. But for now, you feel better knowing she's in the same room as you two. Crossing into the room, you walk over to the mint green crib.  Spencer's color choice. You gently kiss her forehead before Spencer does, and you set her in the crib, making sure her little blanket covers her. She looks so tiny and fragile. All babies do, but it's different when it's your own.

Spencer gently pulls you onto the bed, and you turn to face him, lying on your side. You wince slightly at the pain in your fucking vagina, and Spencer's lips tug up at the corners.

"Let's rest for a bit, then I'll order Chinese," he mumbles, reaching his hand over to gently brush his thumb against your cheek.

"Mm, I'm sleepy," you murmur. "Why did pushing a baby out of me have to be so exhausting?"

Spencer laughs softly, gently pulling you to him. "I love her so much."

"I do, too," you whisper, setting your hand on the side of his neck.

"They're giving me some time off so I can help out with her," he says, hands rubbing your back. "Paternity leave."

"Yeah, I'm getting time off, too. Get ready for a shit ton of sleepless nights," you giggle, looking into your husband's eyes.

He laughs. "It's worth it. I'm...I'm very excited to be a dad."

"Spencer, you're going to be the most amazing dad," you whisper.

"And you're going to be the most amazing mom." His lips turn up at the corners.

You and Spencer had tied the knot almost a year ago in a small ceremony. It included the team and your sister and Ben, who had recently given birth to a baby boy. A couple months after the wedding, you found out you were pregnant, and you were overjoyed when you told Spencer. He, of course, was ecstatic, and he had tried to make the whole nine months easy for you.

He's a fucking angel.

Spencer rests his forehead against yours. "I love you very much, pretty girl. The only girl I'll ever love as much as you is Amelia."

You giggle, pressing a kiss to his nose. "I love you, too, bubs."

He smiles before gently pressing his lips to yours. The kiss is full of love and happiness and excitement for the future. You have no fucking idea what's in store for you and Spencer, but you know it's going to be amazing. Because now it's not just you and Spencer anymore—it's you and Spencer and your daughter.

He pulls back, giving you a soft smile. "I'm so excited to start a family with you."

"Me, too," you whisper, running your thumb along his cheek.

"Okay, sweet girl, rest."

You rest your head against his chest, and Spencer soothingly rubs your back. A smile spreads across your face as you close your eyes. Spencer's warmth fills your body, and you breathe in his familiar scent. You could spend forever in Spencer's arms. No, scratch that—you could spend forever with Spencer.

It's a good thing you two have forever.

The End
—————————————
Author's Note
AH IT'S OVERRRR
I loved writing this epilogue so much. Spencer is a DADDDDDD. AHHHHH.
Anyway, I love y'all so much. I really hope to see all of y'all in Gimmick! I'm going to start editing the chapters Emilee has already written, and start posting those soon. Hope to see everyone there :)
Until next time, my loves <3