4. Boys and Books

I looked at him as his friends pulled the guy away

I looked at him as his friends pulled the guy away. I never did get his name, did I?

I sighed and shook these thoughts from my head and turned back to my things that were all scattered within a 2 feet radius.

When I finally packed everything up, I looked up to see...

Jason?? I told him to leave me alone!

"Cas, I saw what that guy did to you and I-" he started, but I interrupted him.

"I told you that we are never going to happen! You need to give up," I said, not really giving a crap what his answer to that was.

"But-" he tried again.

"I have pepper spray in here, Jason," I replied. "And unless you want a repeat of last month, I suggest you get lost and never talk to me again."

Jason was about to answer, but luckily, as if on cue, Maddie ran up to me from nowhere, really.

"Hey Ca-" she started, but then she saw Jason and sighed. "You ever going to leave her alone?"

"I-" Jason tried to reply.

"Bup-bup-bup!" Maddie said, rolling her eyes. "Your excuses get worse and worse by the year! High school's over, genius. You can stop being so obsessed now."

Always nice to have a sassy, badass bestie, am I right?

"Now we'll be going, honey," she continued, motioning towards Building A, which is where the boys' dorms were. "The actually mature people need to have a little chat."

Then we TAHFSAed and left, TAHFSA being, Turn Around, Hair Flip and Sashay Away.

Once we were out of ear and eyeshot, I turned to Maddie. 

"That was so much better than last month!" I gushed.

"I know, right!" Maddie replied, making a face that, I'm guessing meant that she almost couldn't believe it herself.

I decided that this was the perfect time to mention the guy I ran into, who, for some reason, looked a little familiar in the dark.

"Oh, and we have a visiting student who's going to be staying in our room!" she added. "I think she said her name was Hannah. She's upstairs in our room."

Maybe later, I decided.

"Let's go meet her, shall we?" I asked.

"Yes, that's actually why I was heading to the library to find you. She seems sweet," Maddie said. "But maybe she wears a little too much yellow, and it totally doesn't compliment her skin tone."

I laughed and walked towards Building B as Maddie continued her rambling about how pink would be so much better for her.