9. Studios and Statues

It had been a few days since that last practice, and we had really bizarre timing most of the days, because of Jake's interviews and my work hours

It had been a few days since that last practice, and we had really bizarre timing most of the days, because of Jake's interviews and my work hours. So we had to settle for really early morning practices, like 4 am. Other days, we settled for really late practice times, like 9 pm as the starting time.

Jake and I had busy schedules, yes, but we made it work. 

But soon, the Dance Room was off-limits to students because of the approaching finals week. So me and Jake had to find another place to practice. 

That morning, we sat down under one of the shady trees on campus during break and discussed our options. 

"Well all the school facilities are off-limits," I said. "And our dorms are too small, so..."

"Maybe we could go for street dancing?" Jake joked.

I smacked him on the arm with my pencil and scolded him as he winced in pain. "Don't be ridiculous. We are not standing on the streets dancing like homeless people."

"You know, for a tiny girl, you really hit hard," Jake grimaced.

"Also, my schedule is going to be even more tied up, finals are coming and I need to study as well," I ignored his comment.

"Come on Cas, you read you every single chapter of every single textbook you own before the school year even began," Jake said. "You do your homework during class and even manage to get the classwork done - God only knows how you pull THAT off - and you re-read your an entire textbook everyday and you still need to study for finals after all that?"

I blushed. "Well, yeah, I mean you can never be too prepared."

"True," Jake said, "But you can be over-prepared and you, Cassandra Ophelia Matthews, are over prepared. You need to let loose, have a little fun!"

"That's what Maddie says, but-" I tried explaining.

"Maddie's right then," Jake said. "You should reward yourself and not be 80 when you're just 21."

"Fine then, I'll loosen up," I smile. "Thanks Jake, you're a great friend."