5. Hannah and Hospitals

"C-Cassie?" I stammered like a fool

"C-Cassie?" I stammered like a fool. Nick, who was beside me eating a turkey sandwich, immediately kicked me in the shin under the table, the universal way to say, "don't make a fool out of yourself and/or me".

"What's this about?" I asked.

"Hannah," she answered.

"What?" I asked, getting worried. "What happened to her?"

"Just get to the nurse's office, it might be serious," Cassie sighed. 

"Wait I don't know where-" I tried to say, but she hung up.

By now, even Nick had realised something was wrong. 

"Hey, what happened?" he asked. "Is something wrong? Did she ask you out?"

I couldn't be bothered to roll my eyes. I was too worried about Hannah.

"No," I replied. "It's about Hannah."

"What about her?" Nick asked.

"Something's happened," I explained as I put on my jacket and walked towards the door. "She asked me to be at the nurse's office."

"Do you even know where the nurse's office is?" Nick called after as me as I closed the door. And before you blame me for not paying attention during the tour, remember the people asking for selfies and autographs and stuff? Yeah, try paying attention to anything while dealing with that.

"I'll find it!" I said as I closed the door and left.

Eventually, though it took 8 directors (1 repeated) and a visit to the front office, I finally found the nurse's office. Hannah was lying in one of the beds with a...

CAST ON HER LEG?!

"Hannah?" I almost couldn't believe it was her. 

"Um, hi!" she sat up straight.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I kind of tripped during practice," she replied.

"Is it," I gulped.

"Broken?" Hannah asked.

When I nodded, she answered, "No, just dislocated. Might take a few months to heal though."

"They'll move me to the Roseville Community Hospital soon, they need to do some scans," she explained, just as Cassie and Maddie came into the room with a glass of water.

"Oh! I, uh, didn't know you were going to be here?" I said, stammering like a fool.

"Well, I was the one who called you, so..." she replied as she placed the glass next to Hannah's bed on a small table.

"Oh, right!" I exclaimed. 

Then I turned back to Hannah, as Cassie and Maddie talked among themselves.