7. Tuitions and Tutus Part 2

I walked back to the café with my hood up and head down, kicking the tiny pebbles in my way, trying to look as normal as possible.

When the café was back in my sights, I saw a silhouette of a girl dancing through the display window. She danced so gracefully, so beautifully that it was like she created her own beat.

Forgetting all about my phone, I hurried towards the door and the girl, opened it, and...

"Liam?" Cassie asked in a voice so soft, I almost didn't hear it.

"You dance?" I asked her. "Why didn't you tell me? You'd be perfect for the competition!"

Cassie laughed in a 'yeah right' kind of a way and replied, "Don't be ridiculous! It's just a hobby, and I can't afford to get distracted by a hobby."

"You have real talent, Cassie," I said. "I really need someone like you."

"I told you, I just can't," she said.

"There has to be something I can do!" I tried. "Jobs, money, tuitions?"

Her eyes lit up at the word 'tuitions'.

"You can pay my tuition?" she asked. 

I nodded. "All you have to do in exchange is share your talent with the world."

She thought about it for a minute. "What about the auditions?"

"We'll cancel them," I said. 

She sighed. "Okay then. I'll be your partner for the talent show."

I was so ecstatic at that very moment that I wanted to jump, or sing or at the very least, hug Cassie.

I restrained myself, however and settled for a "Thank you so much!".

She smiled and we made plans for practice the next day.

The next day, I met with Cassie in the gym. She was sitting on the water-break bench in the dance room, with mini portable speakers.

She was wearing a simple green top, purple leggings and hot pink legwarmers with some dance sneakers.