Here at Last #2

I step off the train, staring out at the lake, taking in that first breath of Hogwarts air. Everyone started boarding the boats. I walked over to a little one with Hermione, Harry, and Ron, and was about to step into it when the lady from the train came. 

     "I think you can ride this one with me, Miss Rell." She said, pointing at a boat that was definitely not with Ron, Harry or Hermione. 

    "Well, wish me luck." I said to them, as I rolled my eyes and walked to the other boat. She didn't have her apron on anymore, so I could see her name was Madame Navern. I climbed into the boat behind her, and once everyone was in, the boats started moving across the lake. 

     "I'll have you know, Miss Rell, that I told Professor Dumbledore, and luckily for you, he didn't seem very angry. If I were him I would have you expelled, but I guess he's getting soft." She said, looking mad about me not getting expelled. 

     I'll bet Malfoy already told all of his goons that I'll be expelled. He'll be mad when he finds out I'm not. 

     "Ok." I answered back to her. I'm not liking Madame Navern very much.  

     When the boats stop, Madame Navern makes me get on the same carriage as her as well. I guess she thinks I go around holding wands to everyone's throats and that she can't keep me out of her sight. The carriages arrive, and she surprisingly lets me sit with my friends in the Great Hall. 

     "What did she do in the boat ride?" Hermione asked me.

      "Besides telling me she's upset that I won't get expelled, not much."

       Harry and Ron laugh, Hermione still looks anxious. 

       "Hey, mud blood! Why haven't you been expelled yet?" Malfoy asks with a sneer. His goons giggle behind him.

     "Maybe because I didn't do anything wrong Malfoy, besides, why hasn't daddy sent you to Durmstrang yet? No one will miss you here!" I laugh and he glares at me. 

     "Oh shut up, you filthy little mud blood!" He says angrily. 

     "Mr. Malfoy! Language!" Madame Navern yells. I smirk at him. 

     He turns his back to me and continues talking to his friends. 

     "I can't stand him!" I say to them. 

    "I know, but at least you're not scared of him, like everyone else." Ron says. 

    "You know he can't stand you either, right? He hates being told off." Hermione says, which makes me smile a bit. 

    "Silence, everyone, the sorting is about to begin." Professor McGonagall says, and everyone quiets down while the first years line up in the front.

     McGonagall puts a stool with a big dusty hat on top of it on the floor in the front. The Sorting Hat sings a song, like it does every year, and then begins the sorting. 

     "Kings, Alice." Professor McGonagall calls, and a young girl with long black hair sits in the stool. 

    "Ravenclaw!" The hat shouts, and the Ravenclaw table starts cheering. Alice sits down at that table and McGonagall calls name after name.