•Worse•

Daichi pleaded and begged the paramedics to allow him to stay with Suga, and they did. So there he sat, watching the paramedics keep Suga alive. His breathing was shallow and he looked pale. Daichi was, to say the least worried.

'...Suga has Hanahaki?'

Conflicted, he didn't understand whatsoever. It just all felt so wrong to Daichi and his head spun with questions. Questions he would not be getting the answers to anytime soon. You know something is serious but you don't know how dire it is until it happens to you.

'If Suga has Hanahaki who is it for? How could I have been so blind...? Or rather, why didn't he tell me?' Daichi's elbows were on his knees as he held the sides of his head with his hands.

The situation, it was too much. The lump in his throat the pain in his chest, they poured out through his tears. He didn't want Suga to leave him, after all they'd been through he didn't know what he'd do if Suga were to leave...

Silent prayers were said, wishes and hopes were pleaded for. He would pray to any god that would listen. He would beg any powerful deity. Anything. He would take anything at all.

~~~

Getting to the hospital wasn't a source of relief whatsoever. Bloody Lilly's being choked out as Suga fought for his lung capacity whilst they hastily ushered him on a stretcher. The white washed walls made Daichi nervous, the sent of disinfectant making him nauseous. It wasn't his first time in the hospital, but it was his first time in this situation.

He hurriedly stumbled along, at the heels of the paramedics, but he could only go so far until nurses told him he couldn't go further. Not being able to see what was happening with Suga only made his anxiety skyrocket. He played out worst possible outcomes and scenarios in his head. Stressing and worrying endlessly. He paced the hallways, and when asked to sit down, he started rapidly bobbing his leg up and down.

All Daichi could do was wait; and that's exactly what he did. Throughout restless hours he sat. Patiently awaiting even a sliver of news.

He watched as a doctor murmured to a nurse, his lidded eyes struggling to stay open. Hours had passed since his arrival to the hospital, which meant hours without sleep.

Finally, a nurse pulled Daichi over. He explained Suga's sickness, but of course. Daichi already knew. His situation was a different problem. To find out that Suga was being put through that kind of torture for over a week, was heart breaking. It hurt Daichi, because he knew Suga had no intention of telling anyone. And that included Daichi.

~~~

The boys sat in silence before even so much as a sound was made, Daichi had taken a few moments to properly examine his friend. Noticing differences. Suga was paler thinner and more frail. His stomach sank, how hadn't he noticed? Was he blind? He asked himself all those questions, until he decided to ask Suga something instead.

"What were you going to do?"

"what?...I don't understand Daichi." Suga's voice, was like sandpaper. It no longer held a soothing trance or the undertones of warmth it once had.

"Did you plan to tell anyone? Where you going to bear it alone? Suga we aren't strangers. You can talk to me."

"I know, Daichi...I just didn't want you to w-"

"To worry? Suga? To be concerned that my friend is sick?." He questioned. Though this conversation felt surreal to Daichi. Wasn't this what happened in TV shows? He would think.

'But then again, this entire situation seems fictional...'

Suga nodded, he didn't look up. The pit in his stomach was too heavy, it weighed him down. Sticking to him no matter what. Reminding him that he lied, That he's lied.

"But that's my job." he paused "it's my job to worry about you as your friend, but you have to let me help by telling me what's wrong..."

Suga choked a bit, then he coughed a lot. He coughed out a beautiful white petal that came tumbling down. Painted with crimson red that was his blood.

"It's not easy...I keep suffocating and coughing and I know how to stop it, but I choose not to." He looked down at his figetting hands. "being a coward is tiring, Daichi. I refuse to tell the person my feelings because I'm scared of getting hurt. But look, I'm getting hurt anyways." Suga's heart hurt. Suga's lungs hurt. Every part of his soul was in agony. He constantly felt like screaming crying out and tearing his heart out.

"Why does love have to hurt so much?" warm salty tears made their way down Suga's face, falling onto the blanket below.

Daichi found himself speechless. All because he had asked himself the same question already. He too never found the answer.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw somthing fall from Suga onto the blanket,

"Wait- no. I'm sorry, did I do something wrong? Please don't cry..." Daichi panicked, he frantically looked around for a box of tissues too panicked to realize they were right in front of him. He took a few out of the box and held them out to Suga, who was now looking at Daichi with saddened eyes and a melancholic smile.

"H-Here..." His eyes met Suga's and he was speechless, those hazel eyes seized Daichi's ability to speak. Their glimmering beauty catching him off guard.

Suga took the tissue and dried his wet eyes all the while he was chuckling. The extreme change in behaviour made Daichi even more unsettled.

"Su...Suga...?" he asked cautiously, carefully eyeing Suga's movements. Then the silvered haired boy lowered the tissue from his eyes. Turning to Daichi, he beamed his bright smiled lighting up the room.

The sun was finally coming up, signalling the end of that horrible night. Deep purples and light pink hues swirled around in the mornung light.

"You're always able to make me smile Daichi, thank you."

*
*
*
*
*
OH MY GOD, IM SO SORRY, I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES. Excuse time, just kidding. Explination time 0-0.

I'm sorry for being dead you guys, I had to deal with a health issue and then school on top of it. (I have like five projects...) I've been swamped with things to do and haven't had much time to write. STILL, I know there is no excuse for depriving you guys for a chapter. SO again, sorry!! I hope you had a happy holidays too! Sorry if there are spelling mistakes have not edited! ;-:

-Kayuni