Chapter 37

Lia

I frantically run around the kitchen making sure everything is perfect while Lilly blows up my phone about Izzy.

Logan and Colton usher my dad down the steps. My dad dressed in his best button up shirt and dress pants.

"Looking better than ever!" I reassure my dad.

My dad nervously paces the kitchen, his forehead dotted with visible sweat.

"Just relax sir, you'll do just fine." Colton says guiding my dad to his chair at the diner table.

As soon as my dad sits the doorbell rings making him jump. Colton's hands on my dad's shoulder keeping him secure to his seat.

I walk over and answer the door revealing the Davis' on the other side. Both dressed like they're going out on a fancy date.

"Well don't you just look gorgeous." Maria says engulfing me in her mother bear embrace.

"You too." I return her compliment.

We pull away fron the hug and I step to the side allowing them in.

We walk into the kitchen to find Colton pep talking my dad.

"I'll take over son." Mr. Davis says sitting down next to his best friend.

Maria also takes her usual seat at the table.

Colton, Logan, and I leave the adults alone for now and walk out the the living room. Now we just have to wait for Izzy to arrive.

"I can't believe I got stuck third wheeling you two." Logan shakes his head and turns away from us.

"You love our company." Colton says.

"Yeah. Sure." Logan crosses his arms.

The doorbell rings. I can only imagine how giddy my dad is now.

Logan bolts to answer it and in walks my friends and a beautifully dressed Izzy trailing behind.

"Wow." I say looking down at her simple yet gorgeous dark blue girlish dress.

I take a her coat from her hand and hang it up in our coat closet.

"Your dad is going to be stoked!" Ellie says.

Lilly Leads Izzy into the kitchen while all my friends and I gather in the living room.

"Well good luck." Kylie says patting my shoulder.

"I think this will work just fine." I smile.

After some small goodbyes and good lucks, just Colton and I are left with the adults in the other room.

Colton takes my hand in his.

"I can't wait to rip that dress off of you later." His eyes rake up and down my body.

I'm wearing a short, tight, black dress with sheer sleeves. Pretty simple but formal.

"You look great too."

Colton presses a gentle kiss to my forehead.
When he pulls away I smooth down his white shirt.

"Shall we?" He says jutting his elbow out so I can grab onto it.

"We shall."

_____

"I had a wonderful time!" Maria says to all the adults that are now gathered by the door.

Dinner was a huge success.

Colton and I make our way up to my room while the adults say goodbye.