Chapter 6

Lia

I sit outside the locker room alone waiting for Jake.

I took my hair out of the painfully tight ponytail. I look into my phone camera checking for any goggle marks.

I switch out my glasses from the glasses I can wear with my lax goggles to the ones that sit comfortably on my face.

I kept my black shorts that I changed into for practice on because I'm usually always hot after practice. I changed out of my work out tank top into a long sleeve black lax shirt.

A few players have walked out all rushing home.

"Hey Lia." I hear my dad say. I look up and he's poking his head out of his office.

"Yeah." I say raising my eyebrows.

"I have to stay here a little late okay? I got a conference call with the NHL."

"Okay dad."

"I made some egg salad sandwiches before I came here. Eat at least one okay?" He says.

"I will." I say.

My dad then disappears behind his office door.

Shortly after the locker room door opens and I look up to see Jake.

"How was practice?" I ask standing up.

"Ass." He says.

I reach out to touch his arm in attempt to comfort him but he backs away.

"I don't have time to talk I have to go." He says before turning around and walking out.

I stand there watching Jake speed walk out of the rink.

I'm starting to think hockey makes him angry.

"Lia."

I turn around to see Colton standing in front of the locker room door.

His brown hair is dripping. He's wearing a grey hockey t-shirt and black sweatpants. His hockey stick in one hand and hockey bag in the other.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

I nod. My lips slightly parted but for some reason my tongue won't move. My glasses are starting to slip down my nose.

I walk over to the bench that sits outside the locker room and grab my stuff.

"Just follow my car to my house." I say.

He nods. We head out towards the door.

I take a quick glance at Colton after we walked through the rink doors. I was getting ready to tell him my address so he can put it into a gps and also point out my car to him. His nose is bleeding.

I step in front of him to stop him from walking.

By instinct I pulled my sleeve over my hand and reached up to his nose. I wiped away the blood at first and then I plugged his nose to stop it.

Colton brings his hand up and wraps his fingers around my wrist. He slowly pulls my hand away from his face. His nose stained red but no more blood flowing.

"I'm okay." He says looking down at me. His eyes are blue. "I just got tapped on the nose."

"Okay." I say softly.

Colton drops my wrist and I type my address into his phone. I then point out my little black Mazda to him.

We then part ways to my house.

_____

I arrive to my house first and text Colton to just walk in when he gets here.

I get out of my car and grab my lax stuff. I lock my car and walk into my house.