Chapter 36

Lia

Lilly and I collapse on the frozen ground. We're both a sweaty mess.

"Okay last rep in five minutes girls! Lia you Know what to do." Maria yells.

I nod my head and gasp for air.

"It sucks that we have to wear layers." Lilly says, gasping every few words.

I nod my head again. Not sure I can collect enough air to speak.

"I can't wait to shower after this." Kylie says wiping sweat and fog from her glasses. "My first layer of clothes are drenched in sweat."

I let my hot body heat fog up my own glasses. Feeling too fatigued to bring my hand up and wipe them off.

"I really want to stick my face in that pile of snow." Molly eyes the huge pile of snow nearby.

Now that just gives me an idea for after practice.

There's a cold breeze and I can almost hear the sighs of everyone on the team.

_____

"I'm so glad you went easy on us." Lilly says resting her hands on her knees to catch her breath.

I pull off my top two layers of hoodies and keep on my bottom two layers of clothes. I then proceed to pull off three layers of pants. Leaving me in grey under armor shorts and a blue hoodie with a white tank top under it.

"Man I cannot wait to take a shower." I yell shoving my stuff in my lax bag.

"We going to Izzy's after?" Ellie asks.

"Yes." Molly answers her question.

We all pack up and head for our separate cars. Not before I jump onto the pile of snow on my way out, damping my clothes.

"Oh my gosh, Lia!" Lilly sends a hand up to her face and face palms. One of my peeves about her. I'm "embarrassing" sometimes.

"Wait. That's not a bad idea." Molly says dropping her stuff and joining me.

Next thing you know if, everyone's joined me except for Lilly.

"Guys c'mon. It's Sunday night and I'm sure we all have homework." Lilly says.

None of us move or make a sound.

"Guy's." Lilly's voice is impatient now.

"Five more minutes." Kylie says.

"Whatever." Then Lilly storms off to her car.

"Such a mom." I joke.

"Someone's gotta be." Molly says.

"I thought I would've been the mom." Ellie comments.

"Ah who cares. The only labels I put on my friends are names." I say.

"I agree with that." Molly says.

_____

Izzy looks around at all of us nervously.

"So tomorrow? For dinner?" She asks. "I'll have to close my shop then."

"Don't you have someone to cover for you?" I ask.

"Not tomorrow. It's no big deal Lia." She says gently placing her hand on mine.

"A few of us can come over and dress you up." Ellie suggests.

"Get your ready. Tell you what to expect." Kylie adds.

"Well. Okay." Izzy agrees.

"And we'll have my boyfriends parents there too. They're like family. They'll love you." I smile. Izzy gives me a nod.