Chapter 33

Lia

Finally Friday. Another party. This time at Alex's house.

I have mixed feelings about parties now. It was all good feelings toward them till I figured the worst things can also happen at parties.

"Gotta look good for the ladies." Toby says popping his jacket collar and not even seconds later receives a smack to the head from Logan. "You did that for what?" He asks turning away from the mirror.

"Shits and giggles." Logan shrugs.

I decided not to dress cute for this party. Everyone knows me so who cares. Unless other high schools show up too but I still don't care.

I'm wearing grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt with Los Angeles written across it in yellow from brandy. I have black calf high nike socks with my pants tucked into them and of course my black dirty party shoes. My hair tied back in a low pony with a black scrunchie and my curtain bangs out framing my face.

"You look so excited to go." Molly says from her seat at my desk.

I shrug, "I've been to many parties. There's probably not going to be a surprise at this one." I stuff my hands into my pockets.

"You're not going to be cold with short sleeves?" Ellie asks.

"It may be cold outside but we all know as soon as we walk in all those bodies mushed together is going to make it painfully hot." I could wipe the invisible sweat off my forehead thinking about it.

Kylie sits down next to me and sighs.

"Something on Your mind?" I ask tilting my head to look at her.

"There's Just This guy." Is all she says and I don't push anymore out of her.

"Boys." Molly says again disapprovingly and each time she says it you can't help but agree with her.

"I'm glad not to be one of them." Logan jokes swinging his arm around his girlfriend.

"Glad I don't have a boyfriend either." Ellie jokes putting her arm around Logan's torso.

Logan playfully glares at the top of her head. After a few seconds he lowers his head and kisses the top of her head.

How cute. My heart melts a little.

"Let's make friendship bracelets and color to pass some time!" Toby says skipping to my door.

"Let's do it!" Molly says following after him.

_____

The first person I look for is Colton as soon as I walk through the doors. I spot him in his usual all black outfit hanging with some other guys from the hockey team.

He sees me and I see him. He gives me a small nod before turning back to his friends.

"C'mon Toby let's go get some drinks." I grab his hand and blindly drag him through the house trying to find the kitchen.

We find the kitchen and the drinks and tonight I decide to go for the stronger alcohol. There's a lot of things I need to forget.

I hand Toby a few for our friends as I juggle a few too. We head back out and easily find our group. Just the wildest ones here, nothing huge or anything. I notice Lilly and Mike has also joined them.

I walk up to them and hand everyone their drinks and I let the music take over me. An arm rests on my shoulders and I get a bit startled by it. I turn to find a tipsy Lilly smiling at me. I smile back at my best friend and dance with her.