𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚜

TW: blood and knives. Also shogi if you find that threatening.

"From the bottom of my heart, I won't do anything stupid."

(y/n) pressed her palm against her chest and smiled at him. Yuji would've believed her if it weren't for the ominous aura she's currently emitting.

"Go on, switch with him. I ain't angry," she lied. She was once again reminded of what the king of curses had done to the poor boy and vengeance is very much needed--or anything that inflicts the curse some sort of pain.

Thank the Gods that Satoru's not here right now.

"Uh, I don't think Sukuna would do it, anyway," Itadori said, fidgeting with the sleeve of his yellow hoodie. He almost forgot how scary she can get. "Actually, he hasn't spoke a word ever since, you know..."

"Aw, too bad. I wanted to play with him."

He watched the girl sigh in disappointment and bring out an antique wooden box.

"A board game?" He tilted his head.

"Shogi," (y/n) corrected, shaking a smaller box filled with shogi pieces, creating a rattling sound. "Do you know how to play?"

Itadori hesitated, "Would you hate me if I told you that I don't..?"

"Yes."

"I--huh!? Please teach me!" He sputtered, mortified.

(y/n) laughed and agreed, explaining that it was similar to chess albeit a bit more difficult. A player can use their opponent's captured piece and use it as their own. The only pieces that moves the same as chess was the rook, king and bisho--

The girl paused, already sensing Itadori's silence as confusion.

"...Do you know how to play chess? " She slowly asked as if she's talking to an injured animal.

"Uh..." Yuji trailed off. He didn't want to admit it but he was too busy staring.

An all-too-familiar voice interrupted their conversation, surprising both teenagers.

"This is embarrassing to watch," remarked Sukuna, in his gruff tones.

"So you finally decided to show up. Play with me instead then," (y/n) challenged, leaning forward on her seat but Sukuna disappeared as quickly as he had arrived.

"..Oi!" She hastily stood up. He didn't respond.

"Pussy," (y/n) scoffed. "What, too scared to lose?" she taunted the curse, leaning even more closer to Yuji's face, making him flustered.

"(y/n) I-- I don't think you should--" Itadori tried to reason with her but quickly got interrupted when she grabbed the boy's face with both of her hands.