1. Put Me Back!

Genesis laboratory shook violently as the energy within their containment pods became unstable. Sparks flashed within the building as people ran frantically trying to stabilize the experiment or to exit the building.

The main engineer of the experiment was greatly trying to stop a catastrophic explosion. "Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT! Why is it becoming unstable,my calculations where accurate! There must be a way to stop this, at this rate the energy will cause the building to explode!"  He shouted.

"The energy levels are raising at an alarming rate and is becoming more dangerous,what should we do sir?" An assistant asked panic stricken.

James closed his eyes  collecting his thoughts. "Notify all personnel in the lab to immediately exit, you all leave as well I will remain here and try to keep the energy levels stable long enough for you to escape".

"But sir you will die if you do that!" The assistant looked even more scared and panicked which was how everyone within the room looked.

"And if I don't all of us will die so listen to me and leave!" James shouted to his coworkers and assistants.

They where hesitant at first but soon they came to their senses and they all started to leave. In ten minutes James was informed that the lab was clear.

James waited 1 more minute before he enabled the  "lock down protocol."

"At least I won't be taking anyone with me to hell." James chuckled
at the thought.

The energy levels in the building  became catastrophically high and a loud explosion was heard throughout the building as the energy tore through the it's containers and flowed through the building.

Before the energy reached the room which James resided he closed off all entrances, and awaited his death, he thought about his life and how he wished he did more with it, he was an orphan that fought his way through the scientific community to reach where he is and now he will lose it all.

James watched as the white energy ripped open the doors and washed the room like a angry wave. He closed his eyes accepting death.

The white light slammed into him and pushed him back, the energy poured into his body like a burst dam pouring into a river.

Oddly James felt no pain as the energy came into contact with him, in fact he felt invincible, he felt like he could tear the world in two.

James lifted his hands to his face as he watched as they disintegrated before his eyes suddenly all his memories and thoughts flashed before his eyes and then every thing when black.
His last thoughts:

"My...my search history.....I forgot to.....clear it....damn.

O::.

'Where am I?' James thought. He couldn't see anything.

Darkness..... it was everywhere. He was in a great sea of darkness. He couldn't tell left from right, up from down. He couldn't even feel himself. It was as if he was apart of the darkness.

'I.....is this the afterlife, is this hell?' He asked himself.

James was never one to believe much in any religion. As a child he watched countless documentaries and read a great amount about the Earth, the Universe, Life and Evolution.

He used to wonder if the delicate balance of Life and the Universe was arranged by a great unseen hand. However he never believed in the concepts of Heaven or Hell, but now he couldn't help but question his beliefs

He wished to turn his neck to at least get his bearings but alas....he had no neck.

'Why am I alone here? Where are the other damned souls? He wondered.