requiem

𝖗𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖊𝖒 [ n ]
a musical composition in honor of the dead

"The dead don't talk, or do they?"

When the tyrant king forced him to marry Princess Dhalia di Carita, he was gritting his teeth as he vowed vengeance. He was convinced that she was a vile woman, a puppet to her father as he gazed at her lovely lilac eyes. He doesn't know how but one day, he swore he would kill her father, the mad king, Auguste di Carita.

Now everything finally settled, and Tristan Arseni felt as if he had already fulfilled his purpose in life. He would go down in history as a powerful duke who helped usher the golden age of the kingdom of Seoris by slaying the tyrant that once terrorized the lands.

He already helped have the  benevolent King Marco di Carita seated on his rightful throne— but at what cost?

He paid a heavy price for that— it came in the form of his wife and only son's blood. It all felt laughable now, Marco having his throne and Seoris finally finding peace but Tristan, losing everything that mattered the most.

When Duchess Dhalia Arseni and his only son Naoto Arseni miraculously came back to life... he knew that if this was a dream, then for sure he wouldn't want to wake up.

And if this is an enemy's trap— he wouldn't be able to break out of it.

author's note
Look who finally published this story. Hi, it's me emika. I thought this was supposed to be a oneshot but .... I kinda enjoyed writing this a bit too much. So, uhm I tried writing in a different way with this story. Every chapter would be like a drabble, short and bite-sized. The story flow would also not be in chronological order. It would be like a spiral from past, present and future.

It can be quite confusing but stuff will be explained as chapters progressed. Requiem is quite special to me, the characters are certainly older and more mature. This story begins after the end, it also has a sense of finality and— closure.

Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I did!

-mika!

Published: December 21,2020
Completed: N/A