Chapter 5

Diana stumbled out of the dispersing smoke, her eyes watering slightly. She looked around and saw the entire camp staring at her. Clarisse La Rue forced her way through the crowd, she gently patted Diana on the back in a way which was surprisingly gentle for a daughter of the war god.

"Diana, you okay?" Clarisse asked, holding Diana's shaking hand.

"No, I'm not." snapped Diana, Clarisse reeled back, surprised that Diana had such a sharp retort coming.

"Dian..."

"I'm going, Chiron." Diana walked out of the magical borders. Suddenly, a hellhound appeared on the edge of the forest.

"Diana!" Clarisse shouted, her voice bordering on panic, but panic wasn't possible, daughters of the war go wasn't so easily scared.

Diana flicked her hand at the hell hound, and it collapsed, she turned her green eyes towards camp and for just a instance, her eyes turned a bright silver, then her eyes resumed it's normal shade of green.

The bargain has been made.

My daughter has returned to her rightful path.

There was a flash of dark light and the hellhound stood up again, it launched itself at Diana, Clarisse raised her spear and threw I towards the hellhound, but it was a blur, too fast to be caught by the spear, but just barely. Diana grinned and her eyes turned silver as she disappeared, the dirt swallowing her whole and the hellhound snapped empty air, it turned, disorientated.

"Diana!" Clarisse screamed in an un-warrior like fashion. "Diana!" Clarisse sobbed.

"Hunter!" Chiron called, his blood chilling. He muttered to himself, "My daughter, my daughter." He suddenly raised his voice, "Diana has been claimed! She has been claimed by her true mother at the most unfortunate time."

The camp whispered among itself. Who was her mother? Why was there no sign? What was the creepy voice? What did she mean by "rightful path"?

"Clarisse, a talk in the Big House?" Chiron asked Clarisse, "Diana is not yet dead, at least, I suspect so."

They walked together to an empty office, "Clarisse, I must burden you with this secret, do no tell anyone else, it may cause suspicions we should not have."

"Yes, sir!"

"Diana, I suspect, is the daughter of someone older than the Titans, she is the daughter of ..."

...

"Mother, why did you never claim me?" Diana asked, seemingly to the air.

Her eyes turned silver as a voice spoke from her mouth, "My daughter, the Olympians could not know of your existence, otherwise they would kill you, and my strength was severely weakened when that boy struck me, although it was only a form, but I waited and was gathering my energy to finally contact with you.

"Mother, why do I feel... more powerful?" Diana asked hesitantly, her eyes once again green.

"Because you are now a god, at least, the mortal part of your blood is gone, the genetics provided by your father is still there, and you don't have any godly abilities like flashing or a true form, but you do have better stamina and strength." The raspy voice spoke again, although it sounded like it was getting stronger.

"Mother..."

"Silence, I mean, the gods are looking for you, I need to cover up your scent."

"Yes, mother, may I go back and see Dad before coming with you to... conquer Olympus?" She said the last part hesitantly.

"Of course, you may, although during this period, I would be recovering my energy, and what do you mortals call it? Ah, I believe it's called napping."

...

"Diana is not at Camp Half-Blood nor Camp Jupiter, apparently, she received the prophecy at approximately the same time as us, and went out on a personal mission, although Chiron says he does not know what it its." Artemis hesitated, "The mission seemed to have been uttered by the Oracle, the same time as Apollo spoke it. It seemed like an unplanned mission for Chiron did not ask or issue a quest..."

"Artemis, my daughter, speak." Zeus commanded, while Hera's face darkened slightly.

"Chiron suspects that Diana is a daughter of ..."