Chapter 17

Luke POV

What just happened? Diana was happy to see me, and then, she pushes me away? Storming out?

I was utterly confused, I thought we were friends, if not the way that I secretly wanted it, but I thought that we were still friends, and friends help each other.

But something was weird, after she got up, she averted my gaze, still I could see that her eyes were not the normal vibrant green, but silver?

Did she suddenly get affected by Artemis or something? She's the only one who has silver eyes, and also hate males, so she would push me away.

A sudden realization hit me, and I nearly bumped into Phoenix, who glanced at me, then hurriedly backed away, realizing that it's me.

Silver... and Gold. When Kronos possessed me, my eyes were gold from him possessing me. But Silver? Which god would use silver? Artemis wouldn't do anything like that.

Wait.

I suddenly realized what just happened, I turned swiftly around, hoping to catch Diana when she isn't possessed, for I just realized that this rebellion wasn't because the gods are incompetent, it's because she wants revenge. It's because she was bitter, it's because she wants to rule again.

She, Gaia, the Primordial of Earth, has used her daughter as a tool to try and control Olympus again. I can still prevent that, even though I swore loyalty.

Because my oath is to Diana, not Gaia.

Jonas POV

It was a nice day, the day was sunny, me and my wife were taking our children to the park and we were resting on a bench after a nice long walk.

I suddenly noticed a man texting on the phone standing with four other kids suddenly appear in the corner of my eye, the man glanced up, staring straight into my eyes and snapped his fingers, it was loud and sharp but it didn't seem to do anything, I just cocked my head and continued staring at them, after all, it's not everyday that some people appear out of nowhere.

Well, a normal person doesn't see a gigantic wolf walking down the streets occasionally, or a snake women slithering through the supermarket.

Well, I'm not exactly normal, I'm a demigod, a son of Apollo, and Apollo sort of made an arrangement with me, that as long as I don't interfere with the godly world and don't use my powers, he dampens my scent so that monsters would just think that I'm a mortal.

And if I recognized the right guy, the girl holding hands with a boy is a Daughter of Athena, after all, stormy grey eyes is a dead give away, and the boy is a son of Poseidon, making them... No way.

Why would they be here?

They weren't supposed to come to the Ancient Lands, the reason that I was here, especially after that racket they made with the fight with the Earth Mother.

I stood up, telling my wife that I spotted a family member, which is a partial truth.

I walked over to them and looked at the teen, the Hero of Olympus, as some would say.

"Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon?" I asked, staring pointedly at him.

"What do you want?" He asked, putting a hand in his jacket pocket.

"Now, now, would you happen to be one of my brother's" The man who was checking the phone, is that two snakes? Huh, looked at me.

"Lord Hermes, God of Travellers, Roads, Merchants, Thieves, and others, I thought that I was free from this world?"

"Ahh, Jonas, is it?" Hermes nodded, understanding.

"Hold on a sec, who is this guy and how does she know Prissy?" Clarisse demanded, glaring at me.

"Jonas, son of Apollo." I introduced myself, then addressed Hermes, "What are they doing here? I thought this was my place?"

"Well, they have a quest to complete and..."

"I know, but why here" I asked, confused as to why they would come here when they should be somewhere else.

"Tartarus."

"Ah, The prophecy does not mean Tartarus." I nodded, understanding why they would be here, "Instead, you are going in the wrong direction."

"What? How do you know?" The Daughter of Athena asked, obviously angry that she is wrong, the pride that they bore.

"The Daughter of Ares shall fight her friend, The last blow shall cause the final end. Four would go to the Land of Monsters, To survive, they have to find the waters. The Great Hero of Olympus rises, The Last Night of Olympus surprises. Right?" I resisted the urge to smirk, seeing their stunned faces.

The other kid, probably a Son of Hermes, drew his sword, "How do you know?" He asked, being the first to recover.

"Uh, Son of Apollo, who is the God of Prophecies? I know the prophecies issued? Which is why my scent was stronger and why I decided to leave after making a deal with the good old dad?" I could swear that the sun shone brighter for a second, and the temperature increased a bit too.

"But why not Tartarus? Isn't it the place the monster's homeland?"

"True, but do you call Greece the Land of Gods? No, it changes, it's now America, so did the Land of Monsters, it resides where the gods have the least influence, while influence is weak in Tartarus, Hades still has a certain amount of control, and also Thanatos, however, Alaska, that's a different story, there is little to no influence there, even the trees and streams are normal, no spirits, which is why monsters run rampant there, so that is the Land of Monsters." I explained, finally, years of studying Greek Mythology, months of inferring and guessing, finally put into a use, outwitting the Daughter of Athena.

Their mouths formed a round o.

"Anyways, gotta go! Fiona is waiting!" I left them, seeing Hermes look at me confusedly, I decided to rub some salt into the wound, "Guess Gods don't know everything!"

Thunder rumbled.