Chapter 9

"Percy!" Chiron called, he cantered over to the Cabin of Poseidon, where Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson were sitting side by side.

"Yes, Chiron?" Percy stood up, walking over, with Annabeth trailing behind him.

"You know Diana, right, Diana Hunter?" Chiron inquired.

"Yes, she... let's just say that we had a not so positive interaction on the beach a couple of days ago." Percy replied, smoothing his hair.

Annabeth narrowed her eyes, "Percy Jackson, what have you been doing with Diana?"

"Nothing, I just pushed her away from a sea monster." Percy winced, "and I got a scolding for doing it."

Annabeth relaxed, "Okay, Chiron, what was it that you wanted to talk to us about?"

Chiron, who was smiling at this interaction, immediately became grim.

"You know that Diana Hunter... walked away from Camp Half-Blood, well, Clarisse La Rue volunteered to look for her, and she wanted you two on the quest with her."

"You mean the daughter of Ares? She wanted me on her quest?" Percy exchanged a look with Annabeth, seeing that she was as confused as him.

"Well, she didn't really had a choice, she had to go to the Land of Monster to find the 'waters' and as the son of Poseidon, she thought that you were the only one who could do it." Chiron explained.

"What Land of Monsters? Water? What waters?" Annabeth muttered.

Chiron repeated the prophecy to them.

Annabeth turned white. "Four? Four would go? But isn't Three the usual number for quests?"

"Yes, my dear. But an exception must be made."

"So except for Clarisse and us, who else is coming along?" Percy asked, he was curious to know the last member of their party.

"Chris Rodriguez, Clarisse's boyfriend." Chiron replied.

"He's a nice guy, but..."

"Annabeth, Percy, before you guys go to prepare, I need to tell you that Diana is the daughter of..."

...Gaia." Clarisse told Chris as they rested in the Forest.

"Gaia? Isn't she the one who went and took a nap or something, I mean, how do you have a daughter when you are asleep?"

"Chris, Chiron thinks that Gaia is waking, that explains the recent earthquakes we've seen on the news. San Francisco, Tokyo, Shanghai, London..."

"So, Gaia wants to waltz in and take over the world? Chris asked, it all seems a..."

...bizarre, doesn't it?" Percy joked.

"Percy, this is serious. Think how strong Kronos was in a human body, Gaia was the mother of Kronos, so who knows how strong she is." Annabeth stared into the distance.

"My Grandmother is worse than my father in every way imaginable. She is stronger, crueller and would do anything to restore the old order." Chiron grimaced, "Diana Hunter has a hard future in front of her."

"Dude, that makes Diana my great grand-aunt or something." Percy grinned.

"So you're saying that Diana is like, my great great grand-aunt?" Chris laughed, "I'm like, a year older than her?"

"Yeah, true, you're like 6 months older." Clarisse smiled.

"Well, it's getting late, so... head back to our cabins?" Chris hugged Clarisse and they pulled away.

"Well, goodnight, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth grinned and walked back to her cabin.

"Goodnight, Wise Girl." Percy whispered under his breath.

"Percy, get a good night rest. You probably need it." Chiron patted Percy on the shoulder and galloped back to the Big House.

Percy was left standing in front of the Poseidon Cabin, he considered walking to the beach and find his father but decided against it, after all a quest is a quest!

"Percy!" Percy awoke to the sound of Connor's shouting.

"What?" He groaned.

"I'm going to set a glitter bomb!" Connor Stoll yelled from outside, Percy heard the door open.

"No!" He scrambled up from his bed, for he couldn't stand the Stoll brother's glitter bombs, after all, they stick to you for a week!

Connor chuckled, "Come on, I'm not going to set one off, after all, your girlfriend's going to kill me if you turn up with glitter on your quest! "

"What que... Oh, no. Am I late for breakfast?" Percy groaned, picking up my backpack, prepacked by Tyson.

"Umm... Travis Stoll peeked in, "Breakfast's over, dude, you have to go like right this second."

"Okay." He rubbed the weariness out of my eyes. "Bye, Travis and Connor, I have a quest!"

"Percy!" Tyson lumbered over. Yep, Tyson was a Cyclops, who could lumber.

He handed me a pen, "From Dad." I uncapped the pen, a sword sprang out, made of a greenish blue metal, with a piece of Sea Glass set in it's

"It's called Atlantia. I made it and Dad turned it into a pen." Tyson grinned proudly.

"Woah," The sword had intricate carvings along it, he must had taken a long time carving it.

"Thanks, bro, I owe you one," I thumped Tyson on the arm. Tyson pulled Percy into a crushing bear hug.

"Air, air, Tyson," I chocked. Tyson released me.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" Clarisse shouted from the edge of Camp, "ARE YOU COMING OR NOT? I COULD ALWAYS ASK TYSON TO COME, HE'S QUICKER THAN YOU!"

"Coming," Percy winced. He saw Annabeth coming out of Athena's cabin, with bleary eyes and messy hair, I bet she had a hard time waking up, after all, we both had been to Tartarus.

"Clarisse, you know the Land of Monsters? I went and researched it, guess where it is?" Annabeth's face was white, and she was shaking.

"Where?" Clarisse absently minded asked, "I need to find it on the Map."

"Umm... Clarisse, it's probably not on the Map." Annabeth whispered. I leaned over and held her hand, why do I find a bad feeling that it's...

"It's Tartarus, Clarisse, Tartarus, the Land of Monsters, it's... Tartarus." Annabeth breathed out quickly. My blood turned cold, why was I going there again?

"If all we have to do is find the waters, it should be easy, right? We just find a river, get Diana and then come back, right?" Chris tried to grin, but instead, it turned into a grimace.

"I feel like it's going to be worse than that." Clarisse said grimly. "One of us has to die for the quest to succeed."

"Don't think like that, Percy." Annabeth whispered, "I see from your face that you would probably throw yourself at a bunch of monsters in order to save me and let the quest succeed. Promise me you wouldn't, promise on the River Styx."

"I... I promise I would not kill myself for nothing." Percy murmured, but he crossed his fingers behind his back.

She grinned, "There's my Seaweed Brain."