Chapter 24

Clarisse POV

When Percy woke up and whispered to us that he was going to try and summon the River Lethe, which Athena told him was the waters that they were supposed to look for. I have to admit, I was relieved.

Until she came, Diana Hunter, former best friend, now enemy.

"Perseus Jackson, cease your meaningless struggle."

I knew this was where the prophecy gets completed, gets finished.

"Diana," I stepped out, I wouldn't deny that I felt fear, that I wanted to survive, but I knew if I was given the choice to kill her, I wouldn't do it. Even though I knew that she would me, Tartarus changed her so much that with her reddish black robes and snarl on her face, I couldn't see the Diana I knew.

But I still can't bring myself to kill her.

Perhaps this was kinship? Was a sense of twisted belonging and trust that comes with being best friends with her for such a long time.

There was no hesitation left for me, I was the Daughter of the War God who drove his chariot and defeated my older, godly brothers (albeit with the help of Perseus but he only helped a little bit, I could have defeated them even if he wasn't there), I was the one who killed the drakon (and lost my friend), I was the one who survived when others didn't.

I would survive, after all, final end doesn't have to mean death, right?

"The final end, a duel, me and you." I knew that she knows what I am referring it to, she always knows, somehow, secrets were never secrets to her, she would dig them out of you.

Which was creepy.

Secrets were supposed to be sacred, secrets were supposed to be, well, secret. I felt my heart ache as I though about the one secret I never told anyone. Yet she still knew. How? She just did, she knew the darkest thoughts going on in your head.

She was everywhere, you can't hide from her. You can't hide from Diana, she was just... Her.

The Daughter of the Earth.

I was half-expecting her to hesitate, to falter but she didn't.

All she did was smirk and nod, waving the monsters surrounding us to make a ring.

They obeyed.

We were left in the circle, a duel between me and her.

Didn't doubt that she would remain true and wouldn't attempt to kill me using unkempt means.

But she changed, and she did.

DIANA POV

I smirked at the rag-tag band before me and I silently told the monsters to make a ring around us, for a duel.

As we slowly circled each other, I suddenly stopped, making Clarisse falter as she stared at me in confusion.

"I would say this one last time, Jackson, Chase, Clarisse, Chris, that I am not preparing to harm the demigods, they were thrust into this life because they were born, because the gods abandoned us. I won't kill the Gods, no, I would let them watch as I make this world a better one, after all, who better to rule then the ones who have undergone suffering, who better to rule then the ones who knows the world, who better to rule then the people who lives and knows?"

"Gaia isn't going to be satisfied." Jackson, that damned ignorant and loyal demigod took a step forward, "She wants to destroy the world and make it her own."

"And why would you think that I would let her? Gaia is my mother and she is nothing but supportive of my plans, my understands the power that belief has for immortals, my plan is to reveal our world and watch as the world bows to our rule and for more believers to exist."

I watched as Chase turn to look at Jackson and Chris staring concernedly at Clarisse, his worry justified as she was surrounded by a horde of monsters, the only thing that guaranteed she wouldn't be killed by the mob was my word.

"It would destroy our world when people starts to know, so many people would die if the monsters become rogue." Chase seemed desperate, "Who is to protect them?"

"Us."

The world seemed to freeze for several seconds as the Daughter of Athena slowly tried to understand what Diana meant, was she speaking about demigods or her army?

Diana seemed to sense her confusion and started to explain, she wanted the demigods to be on her side and perhaps it would be true if she did explain everything, it just seemed to clear to her.

"Tartarus has struck a deal with me that he would allow me to rein in the monsters and for him to slow the regeneration of monsters if I help him get stronger, and isn't that such a easy thing? We let a few monsters go on a rampage, kills a few people and then demigods come along to save the rest of the city, the world, isn't a such a great thing? Belief that we are good would grow and then the fame of Tartarus would grow because it is a prison, it holds all the dangerous monsters so the world remains safe, the demigods can still live, there would be a whole new generation of immortals who can continue to guard the world."

A smile has gradually wormed itself onto Diana's face and the four demigods started to waver, it seemed like such a great deal.

"Diana..." A voice startled the group, making them come out of the thinking that they were doing, "If you want the demigods to live, why is there an attack on camp that you ordered?"

Diana turned around in fury, spotting Luke standing with a hand on Percy's shoulder, his face sad but pleading.

"You talk about a perfect world but how many people would die as you want to save the world, how can you control the Primordials and make sure they don't just cause destruction? Diana, please, you are just being manipulated by your mother!"

"How dare you suggest such a thing, my mother wants nothing but the best for me, but what have you done? You destroyed my trust in you and broke your oath, you became best buddy's with Ouranous, the Primordial of the Sky, don't you think you are the person being misled? You are the person that is benefitting from Ouranous but why would he ever help you? You honestly wouldn't think that he would give you such things for free, release you from an oath on the River Styx that requires a lot of power, even for a Primordial for Chaos herself helped Styx."

Diana finished her rant, glaring at Luke with her silver eyes, the rage clear.

"You aren't Diana, you are Gaia..." Luke trailed off, staring into these deadly, silver eyes that could make a person lose their soul in it."

CAMP HALF-BLOOD

"We need help!" A shout sounded from a corner of camp, as screams and smoke slowly started to rise into the foreboding sky.

The border that should have protected the Camp gone and Dionysus was nowhere to be seen, the only excuse was a meeting he went to on Olympus.

The entire camp was slowly falling, all the campers were caught unprepared, some still in their night clothes and other in a hybrid combination of armour and clothes, whatever they managed to get their hands on.

Many had already died, there were hellhounds in masses, and several dracaenas and even some demigods in the array, people were dying quickly and it was no use.

A bright flash of light suddenly appeared, slowly falling from the sky to reveal Silena Beauregard, a sad smile on her face and armour on her.

"Camp Half-Blood, I have missed you, and I will never betray again." Tears leaked out but she knew she had a mission to complete, for she represented the Sky Primordial, Ouranous.

"Campers, you have help!" Silena shouted, her voice echoing, "From Ouranous, the Primordial of the Sky!"

A/N:

If you have realized, these are all the prewritten chapters, therefore why they have been updated so fast. Please comment, vote and point out any plot holes because I think I have some. 

Sorry once again about the Quotev incident, I think I'll try to update at least once a week onwards. 

Shattered would be loaded onto Wattpad tomorrow because it's late here now. Sorry about the delay.