Chapter 7

"Dad, there was something I wanted to tell you, I would probably be leaving you and be going off." Diana confessed as they were driving to a shopping mall.

"Diana, honey, you know I want to know where you are." Her dad stared straight at the road ahead.

"Dad, I know. But I really need to go. Gaia has lots of enemies. I would want to stay away from them. Can you help me? Please Dad, this means a lot to me!" Diana begged.

"Okay, honey. But call me every week."

"Dad, half-bloods are not supposed to use phones. If you stay near a water fountain, I'll send you Iris messages."

"What's an Iris... Never mind. Okay, honey. What do you need?"

"You know, I might need some weapons?" Diana stared questioningly at her dad, "And they need to be Celestial Bronze, or Stygian Iron. I prefer the latter."

"I could get you iron ones, but I don't know about the others."

"What about some gadgets? You know, the ones your company sells?" Diana asked nervously.

"Sure, honey. Do you need anything else?"

"Money."

"No problem." Her dad took a card out. "The password is your birthday."

"Gotcha. Thanks, Dad. Now let us go shopping. I want some stuff so bad!"

"You mean food?"

"Dad! Come on, you know that's not what I mean."

"Yeah honey. I get you." He chuckled. "Love you."

They pulled into the shopping mall. Diana pulled her dad into a store, she pulled a black backpack of the rack, then took a few sets of black t-shirts and pants. They bought it and went to the changing room and put a set on. She put the rest neatly into the backpack. The clothes she was wearing before went into the trashcan. She went to a store selling camping equipment, and took a water bottle, a lighter, a small pocket knife, a hunting knife and the smallest tent. Her dad paid for all the stuff as Diana stuffed them all into her backpack.

They then went to a restaurant. Diana's gaze roamed across the various choices and settled on a small grill shop.

"Dad, I want to eat grill! It's been ages since I went there."

Her dad smiled and let himself be dragged to the shop. They went in and ordered some lamp chops and grilled beef. Her dad watched her as she tore into the meat.

"Dad, I just realized, that boy over there," she pointed to a table in the corner, "they were staring at us. And I think I saw them at a shop with us." Diana whispered.

"Honey, they might just be looking at us because they were curious about us and wanted to make friends."

"No, Dad, you don't understand. Nothing, nothing is ever a coincident. Let us go, I want to spend one last night in our awesome house."

"Okay, Diana, I want to get some rest too, you have been dragging me around the whole afternoon."

"Dad, get some exercise, really, do it."

"I was joking, I am tired because I feel sad for all the money we are spending."

They grinned and drove back to their house. Their house was a beautiful mansion, the walls were a milky white and the roof was a rosy red. The walkway had real pebbles laid on it and a soft green grass around it. Various types of flowers grew, surrounding the walkway.

"Hi, Mister Hunter, Hello there, Diana, long time no see!" The gardener winked at Diana.

"Hi!" Diana grinned back.

This was where she felt at home, for this was home. Some of the half-bloods loved Camp so much that they said that they felt that it was there home, perhaps because they didn't have a home. She went back to her room, staring at her ceiling, which was painted black with delicate splatters of white. Pegasus, the Big Dipper, the North Star. She fell asleep looking at the makeshift sky, without any light pollution that humans make.

...

Meanwhile, rumors have already spread. Both among Camp Half-Blood and the monsters.

Diana deserted.

The Queen was back.

Diana ran away.

The Queen returned.

Diana.

The Queen.

Diana.

The Queen.

"Dad, I'm going." Diana shouted back to her dad as she hefted her backpack of supplies, with all the stuff she bought yesterday and also a set of gadgets tucked into a waterproof bag. Her dad also gave her a knife which she tucked into her boots.

"Stay safe, honey." Her dad nodded at her and went to work.

"So it's me alone against the big bad world, just like the old times..." She grinned and walked towards the road.

She held her hands parallel to the ground, the earth crumpled as it spit out a black scythe.

"Well, not my first choice but," she swung the scythe, "it now is. It balances perfectly."

She held it in front of her as it slowly morphed into a scythe charm, she hung it on the bracelet, together with her bow charm.

"Mom does like bracelets and charms..." She muttered.

She disappeared with a burst of shadow, there was no one around, but if there was, they would have saw that Diana's eyes turned silver a split second before she vanished.