Mashiho | Rain

Knock knock!

I groaned and rolled over in my bed, both annoyed and confused. Squinting my eyes in the darkness, it took a few minutes for me to adjust to the absence of light. I checked the time on the bedside clock.

00:43

Slight panic arose in me, but I was quick to suppress it. I couldn't think of anyone who'd visit me past midnight. Another loud rap sounded on the door. Whoever was standing there was probably getting irritated by the second.

I quickly scurried downstairs, slipping on a sweater and slippers before opening the door and peeping outside. The sight that greeted me was not what I expected at all. There was a short and rather cute boy. He was drenched wet and hugging himself tightly. That's when I realized it.

It was raining!

"Hello! I'm Mashiho," the boy bowed, refusing to let go of his mannerisms even amidst a raging storm. "I was walking by this way when it started raining. Could I come in?"

He stuttered a lot as he spoke, probably the effects of the cold. His voice was nasal and hoarse.

Though he was shivering uncontrollably, he managed to shoot a small, bubbly smile. I felt bad for him and immediately ushered him into the house.

"Please sit down," I said and he instantly made himself comfortable near the fireplace. I handed him a towel and some of my father's colossal pyjamas which he accepted gratefully.

"Hot chocolate?"

"Oh no! Please don't bother about me. You can go and sleep. I will leave once it stops raining"

He is a living angel.

Despite his strong protests, I went on to make some warm drinks anyway.

I mean, isn't a good cup of coffee with a cute boy almost always the catalyst to a blooming love story in all those clichè dramas?