Yedam | Apology

Of course, there used times when I wondered what I had done to get lucky with Yedam. I used to spend hours thinking about the amount of luck I must have had for my crush to like me back. It was all only ten times better because the male I so blindly fell for was Yedam. 

But now, things have changed.

He has become cold and distant towards me. No cute texts or late night calls anymore. No surprise dates or cafe studies either. It wasn't gradual, it was very abrupt. I walked alone in our school's garden as many sweet memories with him came back to my mind.

This is where we had met, this is where he had proposed to me, this is where we even had our first date. That day will remain to be the best day of my life. The memories of that day were still clear in my mind as if they had happened yesterday, not a few months ago.

After school, we had both settled in the library to complete a group assignment. He was a fast and efficient partner, it took no more than two hours for us to finish the whole thing.

It was not particularly late yet and we were both exhausted, so we decided to relax in the garden before walking back home. I sat on the grass next to him.

He surprisingly had planned things. A huge blanket escaped his bag and we both huddled in it together as we watched the orange sky slowly turning dark while munching on some snacks.

We spoke about random topics and enjoyed each other's company. When I was about to leave, he caught my wrist out of blue. I was taken aback. I turned to meet a blushing face, he was very shy and embarrassed. He didn't dare to meet my eyes.

I chuckled and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Our first kiss. But then, the security found us and shooed us away.

It wasn't an expensive or fun date, but it was a very memorable one. A lone tear escaped my eye which I quickly wiped away.

That's when I heard it. A muffled sob. Out of curiosity, I followed the sound to find a boy sitting on the grass with his head buried in his legs.

He needed no introduction.

Bang Yedam seemed to be having a bad time. Though I had promised myself to ignore him, my heart didn't allow me to.

I went to him right away and took him into my arms. He cried on my chest as he continuously apologized.

"Shh! It's alright. You need not explain anything," was all I said before pulling him into a deep kiss.

And once again, the security was here to ruin our precious moment.