Chapter 36: Sealed Lama Temple

I thought that after Fatty got out of the way, I would see a thrilling scene. I didn't expect there to be nothing but the steep steps leading up to the temple. This staircase was previously described as dangerous— very dangerous, extremely dangerous even—but later, I found that with the help of advanced hiking boots and coordinated limbs, this stone staircase wasn't particularly difficult to climb.

There was nothing at the door but a large area where the snow had been swept away. I asked Fatty, "What should I be looking at? What did I do in my last life to make you bully me like this?"

"You see, although the snow at the door was swept, it only goes as far as the sixth or seventh step, and the lower steps are covered in snow. We've been running around for a long time, but the footprints from when I came up are still there. If all those people had gone down the mountain just now, the snow would have been trampled, so that means that few people have walked along the path in a short period of time."

"Do you mean these people are still in the temple and haven't left?" I was horrified.

Fatty asked, "Do you know if there are any other exits in the temple?"

I shook my head. As far as I knew, there shouldn't be, otherwise Poker-face's appearance wouldn't have caused that degree of surprise so long ago. If I had to say that there were other exits, it could only be the entrance to the snowy mountain.

Sure enough, Fatty added, "Well, either these people are still in the temple, or they've gone to the place where Little Brother came from."

I shook my head: "Impossible, it doesn't make sense. Not much time passed after we left Zhang Haixing and Zhang Haike. How could they reach a consensus in such a short amount of time and then set off immediately?"

"How do you know it's impossible? They might have grown up on Viagra, and their emotions are especially unbearable."

"The problem is that not only are they missing, but also the lamas."

Fatty tutted a few times and suddenly realized that he was still carrying a man on his back, so he flung the man to the ground and said, "I almost forgot about him. It's useless for us to think about it so let's wake this guy up first, he may know something. I'm a little depressed and keep feeling like something is wrong with all of this. It's as if this group of people are really ghosts that were performing for me here, but this guy isn't a ghost."

It was too cold outside so we turned back to the temple. Fatty said, "Since everyone's gone, it's too dangerous to go back to your room. Let's not go to that room from before either, it's too messy and terrible. Let's go to the head lama's room where the conditions are especially good. We didn't go into his back room to have a look, so maybe there are many treasures in his bedroom we haven't seen."

I said, "Here you go again. You can go grave-robbing, but you can't steal from the living. It's too appalling."

Fatty said: "Shit, I just want to look at it. And in this situation, we're also search and rescue personnel. It's not unusual for search and rescue to use the property of the missing person to raise funds."

I knew there was no use in arguing with him again. He must have a lot of absurd theories prepared, so I went straight in.

Returning to the courtyard where the head lama lived, Fatty put the lama that was on his back onto the ground while I lit all the oil lamps and set aside the charcoal stove. At this time, when dawn was breaking and the sky was overcast, the yellow oil lamp didn't provide much light.

The situation of the guy I knocked unconscious seemed to be even worse. Although the blood flowing from his nose and ears had coagulated, his eyes were beginning to bleed incessantly again and I was constantly wondering, "Did you really kill someone this time?"