Chapter 62: Impossible Cave

When the flashlight shone on the bronze door, I completely lost my previous impulsiveness. I didn't know whether it was the shock from the loud sound or if I had been excited for too long.

It was dark inside, but something could be seen piled up at the door, completely covered in black mud.

Fatty was the first to bend over and go in, turning back and saying, "For me personally, this is a small step, but for grave robbers, this is a leap forward."

"Why do you think so?" Zhang Haixing didn't hesitate and went in, and I quickly followed behind.

"Because this is God's territory." Fatty said. I thought he was having a moment, but who knew he would immediately answer, "Diarrhea God."

I shined my flashlight inside the bronze door and found that it wasn't very big. Well, it was big, but I had been imagining it as an immeasurable thing, and what we saw in front of us was only a huge cave.

The cave was the size of a stadium and appeared to be completely oval in shape, with many bronze pillars of varying thickness supporting the dome like stalactites. It didn't appear to be designed this way, but seemed to have formed naturally.

This area behind the bronze door was completely covered in black mud, and so we began to wipe off. After clearing the mud away, we found that all of the cave walls that we thought were stone were actually bronze. All of them were carved with strange patterns that were very precise and dense like the lines of human skin.

"Bronze cave." Fatty murmured. "These people were really patient to carve these patterns."

"The pattern's a trivial matter. The problem is that there's no injection molding line. These bronzes walls are too smooth, as if they were cast as a whole." I said.

"Is that difficult to do?" Zhang Haixing asked.

"It's not difficult, it's impossible." I said, "There's only one place where this kind of process could be done."

"Where?"

"In outer space, without gravity." I said.

Of course, there were other possibilities. For example, during the construction process, people would go into the red-hot cave to make a support structure. If you kept sending people in and wore protective equipment, you could do something in the few minutes before you burned to death. But based on common sense, this was scientifically impossible, because at least a hundred thousand people needed to die to complete such a bronze cave.

Why bother? Even the cruelest ruler wasn't a fool.

As we searched everywhere in the cave, Fatty snapped his fingers to get my attention. We turned to the place he was looking at and found him in the middle of the cave, squatting down, and looking at something.

"What do you see?" I asked, the question echoing in the space.

"Something awesome, something super awesome." Fatty said.