Chapter 85: Falling Down

Fatty and I ignored him, and I said to Fatty, "This is different from our previous agreement. You said before that you understood me."

"After careful consideration, I think it's safer to understand Little Brother." Fatty said, spitting off to the side. "I'm not a fucking hypocrite. Do you think what Little Brother said has something to do with himself? I'm telling you, his things are his things. I don't know, you don't know, and I doubt he knows too much either. What he wants you to know must be about you."

Fatty was acting differently from before, and when I turned to look at him, I saw he was glancing at Short Feng. I suddenly realized that I had lost my reasoning. With this guy here, Fatty couldn't even say what he wanted to.

Thinking about it, I just wanted to go up from behind and kick Short Feng to death. I didn't know what he was fiddling with, but he suddenly let out an "Ah!"

"Can you come and look at this?" Short Feng complained. As he spoke, he pulled a chain from the pile of stones.

"Don't move!" Fatty said immediately. "Don't move."

Short Feng was frightened. Seeing Fatty reach out to pick it up, he handed the other end of the iron chain over and pulled it.

Fatty and I looked at him with darkened faces, hoping that such a small tug would surely be fine.

The stand-off lasted for a few seconds before the huge pile of rocks over our heads suddenly sank down, dropping about the height of a fingernail.

My face turned green in an instant. I looked Fatty in the eye and started to desperately crawl backwards. Suddenly, the stone under my body moved and the ground seemed to loosen. At the same time, the boulder on top of my head pressed down another nail's length. We started to hear the sound of friction everywhere as the rocks tightened.

Then, the ground instantly collapsed.

There was nothing below us, and we fell down along with the stones.

Fatty gave a loud roar mid-air: "Fall feet-first!"

As soon as I adjusted my position, I fell to the ground. All the stones hit my feet, and many of them bounced directly onto my ankles, causing me to jump in pain.

The torch was completely smashed and went out, and when we landed, we all covered our heads with both hands. We didn't know if the giant boulder from above had also fallen down.

If it did, then there wasn't anything we could do in a few seconds time. We'd probably be reincarnated as pancakes.

There were many small stones falling down, but the big rock fell all the way down with a "kalakala" sound before it finally stopped. I broke out in a cold sweat, only now starting to feel afraid. It had all happened so fast.

As Fatty started to angrily scold Short Feng, I looked up and found that the King of Hell didn't fall down together with us. Did it get stuck up there? As I was looking, I noticed that the area above us was completely full of crushed stones.

It would be a good thing if that thing had been squashed. I turned to look around, and my attention was instantly drawn to the surroundings.

I saw marks cut into the nearby rocks, which meant that this was an artificial stone chamber. The chain we had seen before turned out to be connected to a trap door and Short Feng must have opened it before we fell. But it wasn't an elaborate mechanism.

I saw many skeletons leaning against the base of the stone wall. They were all dressed in Kangbaluo clothes, but the clothes had rotted more compared to the ones we had seen before. I picked up a Tibetan knife and found it completely rusted, breaking into fragments in my hand.

There was a stone door on one side, and when I walked to it, I saw a cliff down below. I beckoned Fatty over. It was only about six or seven meters high, and seemed to be a bigger space.

I asked Fatty to drop a torch down, and we saw a large space with something like a swimming pool, filled with stone things that looked like bellows and kilns.

The torch could only reflect the closest things, but I understood what it was.

These were the kilns where bronze was made, the place where they must have made metal.

"What is that?" Fatty pointed to the middle of the space, and I saw a row of things there— all stone heads like the King Yama we had just dealt with.