Prologue

Hello friends,

Welcome to my new story!

First of all, I want to make a disclaimer: I do not know any of the characters in this fic personally and don't want to offend anyone. This is completely fictional and just for fun.

Also, I don't know any French so all of those parts are from various online translating websites. So if you speak French and you notice any mistakes, please let me know.

If the English in Arthur's messages has a few mistakes, that's on purpose. If there are any mistakes in the rest of it then that's because I'm German, so please correct me as well :)

All of Arthur's texts will be bold, Lando's will be in italics (Because Wattpad doesn't let me put it on the right side, unfortunately.) Talking on the phone will be the same just like "..."

Future chapters will be a bit longer, this is just the prologue. Updates will be pretty irregular though.

I hope you enjoy :)

-----

Lando's phone buzzed, notifying him, that he had received a text. When he saw Arthur Leclerc's name on the display, he was getting curious, what this was about. The Monegasque had only ever texted him once before when they were arranging to make a group chat with Charles, Alex and George for scheduling their twitch streams.

When Lando tapped the notification and read the message, he grew even more curious but also mildly confused.

Charles, je dois te dire quelque chose...
Je pense que je suis peut-être gay

He didn't understand anything. Furrowing his brows he typed back:

sorry Arthur, i don't speak French

Oh shit, i'm so sorry, wrong number! I meant to send that to Charles
Just ignore it please

okay, no worries

Lando wanted to put his phone away again since the situation had been clarified rather quickly but for some reason couldn't. He wondered what the text meant. His curiosity won as he copied the message and pasted it into Google Translate.

Charles, I have to tell you something...
I think I might be gay

"Oh" Lando mouthed. He had not expected that. Of course, he had seen the word 'gay' in the message before, but he had thought that might mean something completely different in French.
But apparently not. Arthur had just come out to him by accident.

-

As the day went on, Lando kept catching himself, thinking about this message again and again. He had secretly suspected Charles to be gay for a long time now, but his brother? He had never really thought about it.
They had only streamed together a few times and seen each other briefly when Arthur was there to support Charles at some of their races. But other than that they didn't really have much to do with one another.

how do you even confuse the name Lando with Charles?
It's not like they're right next to each other in the contact list or something? :D

Lando felt a little awkward sending this message but he couldn't help it, being driven by his sheer curiosity again. Fortunately, Arthur didn't keep him guessing for too long.

I might have your number saved as "Charles' friend Lando from Twitch"

wow, i feel so special
but yeah, that explains the mistake :D

I changed it now, so it will not happen again :)
You really don't know any French?

nope
but google might have helped me out a little

Lando hesitated for a moment before quickly adding:

didn't want to invade your privacy like that, sorry!
i was just really curious

Oh okay, no problem
You don't need to be sorry, it was my fault
But can you please not tell anyone?

of course, no need to worry!
your secret is safe with me :)

Thanks :)