Ch.1 Torn To Pieces

EDITED

Jeremy closes his eyes in pain as he sits in his car parked outside of Candace's house contemplating whether he should break up with her. He is feeling so conflicted with himself about this situation the past 3 weeks he has been thinking of doing this. He doesn't feel any love towards her anymore. He guesses it is because he can't stand all the fighting and arguing they have been doing the last few months. It is always the same argument. She gets so jealous if she sees him talking to another girl and he can't understand why she is like this. It drives him crazy for her to even assume he would cheat. He guesses he should have seen it coming even before they started dating because she was jealous of other girls. After sitting in his car for some time he gathers his thoughts and takes a deep breath and makes his way up to her bedroom.

Candace is laying on her bed scrolling through her phone when she hears a knock on her door. "Come in," Candace says.

"Hey, Candace, can we talk?" Jeremy asks, stepping inside her room and closing the door behind him.

"Oh hey Jeremy, yeah everything okay?" She asks, sitting up on her bed.

He frowns and goes to sit next to her.
He took a deep breath "Candace...I don't know how to say this..." he sighs looking down at the floor.

"Jeremy what's going on?" She asked worriedly.

"Candace...I'm sorry but..I think we should see other people."

"what?..what are you trying to say?" She asks.

"I'm breaking up with you."

Candace's eyes widened and she instantly feels her heart shattering into a million pieces.

"What?! Why?!" She asks as her lip trembles.

"Because it's just not working out with us anymore and let's face it these last few months all we've been doing is arguing and fighting...plus I'm going off to college next year and I don't see how we're going to make it work honestly."

Candace scoffs. "So that's it? You're going to walk out on us instead of trying to work out our problems?!" She cries. "You're just going to throw away our two year relationship?..Just like that?! What about everything we've been through Huh?." She asked while crying.

He frowns and nods his head "Yes I am.... I just don't love you anymore and I haven't for a while now..I'm sorry I really am."

"You don't love me?  She asks, trying her hardest not to break down in front of him.

He sighs and stares at her. She shakes her head at him.

"Is there someone else?" A whole minute goes by without him saying anything and she takes his silence as a yes.

Who is it?"

"Candace" he responds and she shakes her head, slapping him across the face.

"Who is it?" She demands and he sighs looking at her.

"Candace"

She slapped him across the face again.

He bites his lip and nods his head.

"Candace!" He says once again getting slapped across the face from her.

He groans and clenches his fists and stands up from her bed and walks over to her door.

"Goodbye Candace" he says and walks out her room once he closes the door behind him he bolts out of the house and to his car. He can feel his heart aching.

"Fuck" he says leaning against his seat.

Candace can't believe this just happened. She literally gave him every ounce of herself and this is what she gets in return, a broken heart. How is she supposed to go to school on Monday? She feels like she can literally die from the pain she is feeling in her chest.