✮TWENTY ONE ✮

Mila's pov

After quickly changing into a black bikini, keeping a small chain around her neck in an attempt to make the simple day outfit more trendy, she sprayed on suncream, making sure to add extra to her face knowing that she'd burn quickly, Mila was on her way.

She threw her purple towel and flip-flops onto a close-by sunbed before walking around the pool, ignoring their shouts and 'boos' as she got in by the stairs.

"Should have jumped" Lux shook his head jokingly, the smile on his face never left. Water dripped down his face like it did all of them, his hair sticking to his forehead until he pushed it back, spiking it lazily so that he resembled a young Taylor Lautner as Shark Boy.

"Should have jumped" she mocked him, adding a whiny tone to her voice as she met the group, stood on her tiptoes to keep as much of herself out of the water as possible.

It was freezing.

"Just dunk, you'll feel better," Freezy told her, lowering his already wet body back into the pool, which was a long way to go considering the height he possessed.

"No thank" she spoke slowly looking towards Harry, who unsurprisingly was already sipping a bottle of beer, despite the sun still rising.

"Let's play chicken, me and Lux versus yous two, yeah?" Freezy suggested, pointing between himself and Cal before pointing to the other two, earning nods and murmurs of agreement as he bent down, allowing Lux to jump on his shoulders.

Before Mila could even turn to look in the direction of her partner, her shoulders were pushed underwater, a body desperately trying to jump in her back.

"Harry, what the fuck! Get off" she shouted, unwillingly going under the water to swim away from him.

"What?" She scowled at the smile on his face as well as the laughter as she looked at him, "How about you get on my shoulders instead?"

"Wow," she deadpanned, "what an amazing idea, how did you ever think of it?"

She was already wet, her hair sopping and semi-pulled out of her bun and her teeth chattering, so she didn't care too much about getting wet from then on.

Harry stood behind her, swimming under the water and through her legs before standing up with her on his shoulders. Mila wobbled like a young child standing for the first time, holding onto his head to steady himself.

"Ow!" He shouted suddenly, batting her hands from his face, "careful" she leant over to look at his face, his eye scrunched up leading her to believe she'd accidentally poked him.

"Sorry," she mumbled, being too preoccupied with the feeling of his hands gripping his thighs to keep her stable, not noticing how the small motion made her skin crawl, goosebumps jumping to her skin, which she hoped he couldn't feel.

Mila heard a short laugh coming from Harry, and before she could ask him what was so funny her hands had to fly back to his head, gripping on for dear life as he shook her legs violently like he was trying to get her off.

"Harry stop it! We're on the same team" she laughed loudly, wishing she hadn't as it was what she would call an 'unattractive belly laugh' which she hated showing people.

"Nothing wrong with a man on the inside" Lux joked as the two teams finally made their way towards each other, Lux seemed so much taller than her because after all, he did have a 6 foot, and the rest, man holding him up.

"Not that you've ever been inside anything" Harry quipped, laughing at his joke as Mila 'ooh'ed backing him up like a yes man.

"Oi, right none of that," Lux said back, shaking his head to hide his laugh, a jokingly competitive look in his eyes.

Harry's hands settled back into her thighs, his thumb rubbing her skin for a second as he did so.

"You've got his Mel," Harry told her, "he hasn't even got a chin" Mila laughed quickly at Harry's quick jab.

"If he did I'd knock it off" she continued, licking her lips as she sized up Lux, Freezy's laughing so vigorously that Lix nearly fell.

"Alright, alright, very funny let's get on with it" Lux rolled his eyes, smiling as they linked hands.

"3-2-1- go" Freezy shouted as they both started pushing.

They'd been going for two matches, one of which the Cal's won due to Lux's sheer force and the other that Mila miraculously won due to a sneeze.

Their hands stayed interlocked, pushing each other harshly, both way too into the game. Cal was pushing her far, she was so close to falling but at the last minute, Harry stepped forward, pushing her forward and unintentionally making her fall into Lux, who fell off of Freezy's shoulders.

"Cheaters!" Freezy shouted as soon as Lux broke the surface, showing his way too competitive side.

"Nah, yous are just sore losers," Mila told him, shrugging, still on Harry's shoulders as he was yet to let go of her.

"Harry you can-" but Mila couldn't finish her sentence as water filled her mouth, Harry had already started falling backwards as she was speaking.

With water in her mouth and nose due to no warning, Mila was left struggling under the water, trying to find to surface. Which was made a lot easier when hands made their way to her waist, wrapping around her as they pulled her upwards her head reaching the warm air outside, a cough coming out unexpectedly. Her eyes stinging slightly from the chlorine, it was only when she opened them that she realised just how close they were, basically breathing the same air as they stared into each other's eyes.

Suddenly Mila was back to the night before, her thighs pressed again the cold hardwood floor and lukewarm tea in hand. Harry by her side, his arm over her, his eyes flicking between her own eyes and her lips...his body getting close to hers like it was in real-time, the splashing water not bothering either of them.

"You guys either lips or let's have a rematch" Of course it was Freezy that had to interrupt them, making the two shoot apart, a blush rising up Mila's neck.

"Shut up"

————
Written: 23rdDecember 2020
Published:25th December 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023
Merry Christmas :)
Feel like I need to get things rolling, so yeah next few chapters should be up soon and throughout the day