✮ FOUR ✮

Mila's pov

Mila had never been good at flying, a childish fear of the plane falling from the sky and taking her and everybody else with it.

But obviously, that wasn't going to happen...hopefully.

It also didn't help that she was sitting in the middle seat, a stranger at the window and the strange unknown boy Harry sat on the other side.

By now the plane was cruising in the sky, the seatbelt sign off, however, Mila kept hers safely secured around her mid, and he hands holding the armrest. Well the one on her left, the other one being taken up by the, already sleeping, stranger.

"Are you okay?" Harry had asked as the plane was taking off, her knuckles going white.

"Yep," she nodded, unconvincingly, her eyes squeezed shut.

Whilst Mila had now released her grip, she made sure to still hold on...just in case.

Harry, however, didn't have the same mentality, as he had already turned around in his seat, speaking to Freezy who sat two rows behind us. The last-minute flights meant that they were sat in twos throughout the plane, but they didn't seem to care.

Mila was done a quick headcount as they got on, making sure her friends were okay. Talia and Freya had miraculously got seated together with Lucy and Vik sat just behind them, Lucy seemed happy enough, joyfully chatting the boys ear off as he listened intently and joining when he could.

She couldn't help but smile at her friend, showing that, despite the odd moments of horribleness, she was a lovely person.

"Drink?"

A voice interrupted her thinking.

"Hmm?" She hummed, blinking a few times as she looked at the boy.

"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked again, gesturing to the drinks cart that the air hostess was keeping stable.

"Oh, no my moneys in my case, thanks though" she smiled, looking back down to her phone.

"Four vodkas please, and two cans of Coke, two cups" she heard him say before seeing the smiling women pass him the drinks.

Before she knew it, the dirty-blond boy had pulled down her table, placing; a cup, a can and the small bottles of Vodka onto her pull-down.

"Oh, Harry no-" she stopped as he shushed her, repeatedly saying 'no'.

"It's fine, you look like you need a drink anyway," he told her without looking, already pouring his first mini bottle of Vodka in, taking it to above halfway, then topping it off with Coke.

"What does that mean?" She furrowed her brows as he finally looked at her, before quickly looking away again.

"I know I'm not the smartest" he started, reaching over for her Vodka as well, doing the same as he had with his own, ignoring her protests of it being 'too much' with a scoff, "but even I can tell you're scared of flying"

"Am not" she argued halfheartedly, earning a raised eyebrow from Harry.

"Sure, let's just drink" he took a sip, his face not even flinching at the harsh liquid, telling Mila a lot about him by doing a little.

"Okay, odds on" he suggested, to which she nodded slowly.

"Fifteen"

"A good man would do ten" he bargained, seeing her face contort.

"Fine. Ten"

"A better man would do eight" he smirked, finally making her laugh, loosening up to the boy.

"Fine, fine okay, eight" she nodded, turning towards him in the uncomfortable aeroplane seat, much to the begrudge of the stranger that she accidentally knocked.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

"Six"

Mila laughed as she heard their voices at the same time.

"Fuck" she swore, making him laugh a bit more.

"Come on," Harry picked up his own drink, "I'll do it with you, for the culture"

She smiled, picking up her drink and tapping it against his own, then raising it to her lips and, with a quick look in his direction, swallowing the harsh liquid as much as she could.

Only a few seconds later Harry was done, slamming his cup down causing a grunt to come from the stranger, probably already tired of the two after twenty minutes.

And again only seconds after that, Mila had to pull her own cup away, a shot's worth left in the bottom as she coughed.

"Well, at least you put in a good shift" He smiled, it only getting bigger as she tipped her head back, shotting the rest easily.

"That mad, how can you do that so quickly," she asked, shivering as the lasting effects of the Vodka kicked in, whereas Harry looked happy as ever.

"Reckon I have a problem" he shrugged as if it was a joke, but Mila felt an underlying tone to his voice, which she chose to ignore.

"There's no problem alcohol can't fix" she sighed, licking her lips slowly before opening the Vodka bottle again, but this time only pouring half and then mixing in the Coke.

Harry didn't reply, instead, he smiled at her, pouring his drink - again using the full bottle - but sipping it this time.

"How did you meet the boys then" he moved the conversation on after an awkward five-minute silence.

"I actually met them all today," she told him, noticing his surprise, "Well apart from Simon, I've met him a few times through Talia, I've known her two years, and I've known Lucy since sixth form"

Harry nodded, seeing to actually care about what she was saying, surprising her. She assumed he'd be like every other stuck-up arsehole she'd met, only interested in talking about themselves.

"What about you?"

"Oh, we're been going years," he paused to sip at his drink, "too many years if you ask me but-" she snorted as he shrugged, obviously being aware of the lads job, but just asking to be polite.

"Everyone seems nice," she told him, "no wonder you've all been friends for so long"

"Well" he picked up his cup and clinked it to hers once again, "cheers to new friends, and a good holiday"

—————
Written: 20th November 2020
Published:20th November 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023