✮ THIRTY NINE ✮

Mila's pov

It wasn't easy to sneak away from Lucy, between her moaning about being alone and questioning Mila's unusually dressy outfit for a night in with Talia, the shorter girl hardly got away.

Harry had texted her an hour before, asking for her address. He had also sent her a message only minutes before to tell her that he was outside.

"Won't you be cold?" Was the first thing he asked as she walked out of her building's door.

She had on the same outfit as earlier, however with a fancier pink top and a bit more makeup. She had also managed to snag her coat back from Lucy, despite the girls' protests, stating it 'looked better' on her.

"I'll be fine," she shrugged, falling into step with the taller boy, "I could always nick another one of your hoodies" she smirked, eyeing the grey 'Krox World' hoodie under his large coat.

"You'll have my full wardrobe by the end of the week" he laughed, his hand grazing Mila's knuckles as they walked, neither of them acknowledged it.

"That's the plan"

Their knuckles touched again as their hands swung next to each other. Mila pulled in her bottom lip, taking a deep breath before straightening out her fingers, catching his own lightly as she did so.

Something within her expected him to pull away, the busy London streets pushing them away from each other or the fear that one of his fans would see, but instead he engulfed her hand in his own, warming up her whole body in seconds.

"So...where are we going?" She looked up at the blond boy, his eyes flicking down to hers before looking forward again, making sure the two didn't bump into anybody.

"The only place for a first date" he smiled, not noticing Mila's quick intake of breath, "Nando's"

She couldn't help but blush.

A date with Harry Lewis, her best friends crush. She should be feeling guilty, but Lucy was far from her mind at that moment. The only thing Mila could think of was him, and the night ahead of them.

"Why on earth would you leave Paris for London?" Harry asked for the third time, he couldn't understand why the girl would leave the beautiful french city for the smoggy, cramped capital of dreary old England.

"A uni degree, I know you wouldn't understand but not all of us can break chairs and get paid" she laughed at his faux offended face, popping another chip into her mouth.

"I'd be no good at uni" he agreed, "I'm so lucky, I'd probably still be in Guernsey if it weren't for the Sidemen"

"That sounds like hell" she joked again, earning a chuckle.

"Like Middlesbrough's any better"

"Oi!" Now it was her turn to gasp, lightly kicking his leg under the table, "there's nout wrong with Boro, I'd take it over you're incest Island any day"

Mila expected him to reply, probably a snarky comment, but instead, he only laughed looking at her through his creased eyes with a calm look. His eyes admired her, running up and down her face before settling on her eyes, offering a light smile.

Mila usually hated silence, always jumping to fill it with random conversations or observations, but it was different with Harry.

Silence felt comfortable, not needing to be filled because their expressions were talking for themselves.

Mila didn't have to tell him how happy she was, her bouncing leg and smile that hadn't left her face since they sat down said it all.

Harry didn't have to say how content he was, the soft brows and relaxed demeanour said everything he didn't.

"Where've you been my whole life?" He finally sighed out, picking up his beer; his hand still like a lego mans, however, Mila chose to overlook it.

"Middlesbrough, then Paris, then-"

"Very funny" he rolled his eyes as she giggled, shaking his head as he finished the last bit of his pint, "come on, we're not done"

Before she could question it Harry had already dragged her out of the restaurant, paying first, pulling her down the street whilst weaving in and out of the public.

"Where are we going?"

But her questions were useless when he wasn't even listening, instead, he was concentrating on trying not to get hit by Boris Bike riders as he ran across the road, the confused girl trailing behind as best she could.

"Harry?"

"You'll see" he finally said, his hand grasping hers firmly as he slowed down to a soft walk, the two finally at their destination it seemed, "stay here"

Then he was gone, inside a corner shop, leaving Mila outside: confused and cold.

A few minutes later he walked back out, pushing his wallet into his black sidemen joggy bottoms, a bottle of Vodka in his other hand.

"Seemed fitting" he smiled brightly as he noticed her looking, before slotting that into his hoodie's pocket, "we don't have a beach but my house is right next to the Thames" he licked his lips.

"That'll do" she smiled, her hand falling back into hers as they fell into step again, this time a lot closer, their arms rubbing as they walked.

The night just got more interesting.

———————
Written: 9th February 2021
Published: 11th February 2021
Edited: 19th November 2023
Up the boro come on now
Hehe, I smell drama coming up :) also just wrote the next 2 chapters and the angstttt istg