✮ THIRTY SEVEN ✮

Mila's pov

All of the other girls had gone in, Mila was the last however she wasn't waiting alone. Lucy had stayed behind to wait for Mila, as they lived together so it made sense. As well as another girl, the short girl that Lucy had gone off on earlier.

Lucy had sent her many glares over the hours they'd been waiting after overhearing the girl saying she was going to wait behind to talk to Harry afterwards, she was not happy.

She was, however, happy with how her Tinder had gone. Lucy had come out smiling brightly, dancing over to Mila and grabbing her hands, which were frozen solid at that point, gushing about how Harry had been so sweet and that she was 'finally in'.

Mila knew this probably wasn't true, she had known Lucy long enough to know that she romanticised everything, even during a dull conversation. She'd look into anything to find what she wanted.

"Mila"

A voice called, catching her attention as a tall girl walked out. Mila was the last to go in, a familiar face for the tired boys, which they seemed to like as she got many greetings as she walked in.

"Say your name, age and where you're from to this camera," a tall, ginger man told her, pointing to the large camera in front of him. If she didn't know better Mila would have thought he was Ethan's brother.

"Hi, I'm Mila, I'm twenty-two and I'm from Middlesbrough" She smiled at the camera, rubbing her arm to rid it of goosebumps. Not only from the nerves but from the cold air she'd been subdued to for the last couple of hours.

"Hello, I'm JJ" he started, stepping forward with a smirk on his face, "and I'm rich"

Mila stared back at him, expecting more, but when it never came she burst out into laughter, hearing chuckles from further down the line.

"Is that it?"

"Do you need anything else?" JJ shrugged.

"Twenty quid maybe?" Mila raised her eyebrows, a small smile on her lips which slowly turned to a laugh as JJ brought out his wallet. He took a twenty-pound note out, and another, and another before chucking it all at her.

"Keep it," he told her laughing as she picked it up and offered it back.

"No, no it's okay I was joking" she giggled, thrusting it back in his direction, but he only shook his head, "If you don't take it back I'm swiping left"

JJ took the money in seconds. She smiled as she swiped left anyways, laughing as he stumbled backwards to the 'no' side.

"Hi, I'm Josh, I'm twenty-seven -"

"Jesus, twenty-seven?" Mila joked, pulling a face as Josh's jaw dropped.

"I'm getting slewed, you know what?" Before Mila could reply he spun, walking over to the 'no' side, crossing his arms in defiance.

The next few minutes were full of laughs, Vik coming to her with a terrible joke, which landed him next to Josh, whilst Tobi spoke French to her, gaining the first spot in 'yes'.

"Hello, I'm Simon, I'm twenty-seven and you-"

"You didn't call him old!" Josh shouted from across the room, pulling laughter from them all as Simon jokingly put his hand to his chest, faking offence.

"Anyways, - and you like my girlfriend more than me" Simon stared into her eyes, a straight face met her laughing one.

"You're not wrong" she shrugged.

"Threesome?" Simon offered. Mila's mouth dropped as the boys started laughing, Tobi dropping to the floor as he gripped his knees. JJ and Ethan's recognisable laughs were heard over them all.

"I'd rather just Talia, sorry" Mila shook her head, swiping left, Simon pouted as he slowly made his way to Josh, falling into his arms dramatically.

"Hi, I'm Ethan, I'm twenty-four, I'm sorry for almost killing you," he said, a jokey tone to his voice.

"But..." Mila asked as the boy fell quiet.

"No, I'm just sorry" he burst into a belly laugh, his shoulders going backwards.

Mila had to suppress a giggle as she swiped left, seeing Ethan's horrified face.

"This is what I get? You're fine! Boggo saved you, didn't he?" He spoke as he made his way over, unknowingly causing a blush on Mila's face.

Finally, Harry stepped up a smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Harry, I'm twenty-three and if I tell you a joke and you laugh," the boys started giggling as he spoke, "will you swipe right?" He raised his hands his eyebrows raised.

"No" Mila deadpanned.

"Okay, I- wait what?" Harry's voice heightened, his eyes connecting with hers as Mila laughed at his reaction, "Why not?"

"Thought you were bringing you're A-game?" She countered, "How is a joke your A-game?"

His face fell before a small smile came to his lips, he turned to look in Ethan's direction for a few seconds before spinning back, his voice weary as he spoke.

"If Ethan pushed you off of a boat," he started, the boys were already laughing, "I'd jump in straight after you..." his voice went up in the end as if he was asking a question.

Unimpressed, Mila shook her head, swiping left.

"That was shit"

————
Written: 31st January 2021
Published: 6th February 2021
Edited: 5th July 2023
Kinda shit bc I didn't know what to put for Harrys ripp