✮ THIRTY ONE ✮

Mila's pov

"I can't believe we go home tomorrow night" Vik repeated for the fifth time since they had say down.

"We know lad, you've told us" Ethan laughed, as usual, leaning back and hitting his chest as he did so, "Can't say I want to go back to London like"

"It's going to be so weird not seeing yous every day" Mila commented, sipping her Vodka Red Bull.

"Who said we won't be seeing each other," Harry asked, quietly instead of to the table, angling the question to Mila who he sat next to.

"Oh, so you have plans to see me?" Mila teased, raising an eyebrow towards him.

"Don't think I could cope not seeing you" his voice got even lower, making sure that nobody heard their secret conversation, Mila had to hide the smile on her face.

Harry had been talking like this all night - flirting one could call it. It was no secret that Harry was an awkward person, so it shocked Mila when he was so upfront with her like this.

"I'm just excited to see yous all regularly" a voice cut in, catching the table's attention, "I think we've all connected well this holiday" Lucy addressed the table, only to be met with secret questioning glances and not-so-secret scoffs.

"I'd rather not" Talia started, she was only two drinks in, not enough yet to be friendly with Lucy and just at the right amount to start an argument, "think I've seen you enough to last a lifetime"

"I wasn't talking to you" Lucy shot back just as fast, starting to speak before Talia was even finished, her eyes glared before they turned to Harry, a smile coming to her face, inferring that he was instead who she was referring to.

Without thinking Mila's hand gripped Harry's under the table, her lips pressed into a line as Lucy eyed Harry coyly. Something in Mila swelled as she saw Harry look away, his thumb dancing across her knuckles, she felt like laughing in Lucy's face.

Although it wasn't the older girl's fault, she had no clue of their actions and really wasn't doing anything wrong, Mila still felt horrible for lying to the girl.

"I think it's been fun" Vik spoke up again, "Mila, Lucy you two should do one of our Tinder videos, we're planning on doing one when we get back" At this Lucy's eyes shone whilst Mila was confused.

"A what?" She questioned, looking up at Harry.

"Oh, it's a series type thing we have on the Sidemen channel, we're bleeding it dry" He laughed, picking up his pint glass, strangely his whole hand wrapped around it instead of picking it up like a normal person, something Mila was not about to just leave alone.

"Hang on a second" she shook her head, placing down her drink, "what the fuck is that?"

"Oh," he furrowed his eyebrows, "well Tinder is a dating app that-"

"No, no" she shook her head, "that!" She pointed to his hand which was still wrapped around the pint glass weirdly.

"Thank you!" A voice caught both of their attention, "he picks it up so weird!" Simon continued from across the table, clearly, he'd had a problem with this for a while.

"It's better grip" Harry argued shrugging then picking it up again as if to demonstrate.

"No, it's a Lego man grip" Mila shot back, a smirk on her lips as she tried to stop laughing.

"You're an odd Donny, Bog" Simon shook his head, smiling at Mila before turning back to JJ, who looked like he was about to fall asleep.

Mila had come to appreciate Simon more over the holiday, sure they hadn't spoken much apart from that day but she could already tell that he was good for Talia, perfect even.

Talia had told Mila about Simon multiple times, from gushing about him on their very first date to moaning about him when he'd done something to annoy her. Mila felt like she knew him before they'd even met, so it was nice to now get to put a name, and a lot of stories, to a face.

"Do you want another drink?" Harry brought her attention back, motioning to her almost empty glass. Mila smiled before nodding, downing the rest of her drink before she stood up, letting go of his hand.

However, once they were out of sight from the table, Harry picked up her hand again, smiling to himself as he led her through the club. Surprisingly, he kept walking past the bar and out of the sweaty club altogether, both of them collecting stamps on their way.

"Harry?" She questioned as he walked her across the makeshift road and to the sand which sat opposite them, she quickly pulled off her high heels as Harry pulled her along the beach.

"Yeah," he answered nonchalantly, dragging her across the sand as she laughed.

"What happened to getting a drink?"

"That can wait, we need to talk" Suddenly the wide smile on Mila's face dropped, worry setting in as her heart started to beat faster.

She knew what the topic of the conversation would be, just not which direction it would go in.

"Oh," she mumbled, accidentally running into his back as he suddenly stopped walking.

He nodded to himself like he was talking himself up, before turning around to look at her.

"I don't want this to stop" he spoke quickly, his eyes not meeting hers, actually he was staring right over her head.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows, leaning her head back to try and get him to look at her.

"I don't want this to stop when we go back to London" he finally looked down, but his eyes still didn't stop.

"Oh..." she whispered, a slow smile making its way to her face, "who said it was stopping?"

"What?" He asked, searching her eyes, "I just assumed-"

"Well don't" Mila laughed, shaking her head as she held his hands, "did you really drag me out here to say that?"

"Well-"

"So dramatic" she shook her head sarcastically before pushing on onto her tiptoes, pressing a light kiss to his cheek, "I like you, Harry, and I don't want this to stop either"

His eyes drilled into hers as his hand raised to the back of her neck, pulling her back in and pressing his lips to hers.

"I like you too"

—————
Written: 11th January 2021
Published: 13th January 2021
Edited: 24th June 2023
Awwee :) not me thinking this is too soon at chapter 31 i-