✮ FOURTEEN ✮

Mila's pov

"A pint sounds amazing right now" Talia hummed as the group looked over their menus, receiving a grunt from Mila.

They had started with the intent of finding a shop to get some food, however, Freya's keen eyes and suggestion of a proper breakfast were all that was needed to lead them astray. It was on the beachfront, the tables outside entrancing them.

In all honesty, Mila could think of nothing worse than food at that moment, however, knew she'd be better off afterwards, therefore had to.

"Do you want to see me throw up?" Mila mumbled, nudging Talia's elbow with her own.

Lucy laughed shortly, smiling tight-lipped. It was clear she was uncomfortable, Talia and her happened to be sat across from each other and hadn't made eye contact a single time; purposely avoiding it. Freya and Mila would look between them, then at each other, equally as awkward.

"Pancakes always make you feel better, you can get them with fruit" Lucy pointed out, tapping her manicured finger on Mila's menu.

"That and an apple juice will sort you right out" Talia agreed, not looking too happy about it.

"Sounds amazing," she mumbled nodding before looking around the table, waiting for their orders.

It took a further fifteen minutes for their food to arrive, Freya joined Mila with fresh fruit and pancakes but with orange juice instead, whereas Talia and Lucy tucked into a breakfast bagel each.

"This is peng" Freya spoke through a mouthful of pancake and blueberries, "We are deffo coming here every day"

"Hangover cure, this" Talia held up her bagel, nodding.

"Just what I needed"

Mila knew that something about this view was familiar. They were sat outside of the breakfast place, their food finished and drinks half done, talking casually whilst admiring the view of the beach.

It wasn't until she further looked around; noticing the sunbeds still stacked high, however not even half as high as the night before due to the beach getting full, this time she could see a sign leaned against them in Spanish, the '€2' written in white chalk the only thing offering an explanation. Mila also noticed the deck they had swam next to, it was packed with people jumping into the water and taking pictures.

It had all seemed so much more peaceful the night before when it was just the two of them in the moonlight, swimming in shallow waters whilst staring at the stars. She subconsciously started to smile at the memory of Harry's arm snaking around her waist to help stop her from drowning, before she mentally chastised herself, suppressing the smile.

"Someone's smiley" Freya commented, obviously noticing the quick change in emotion from across the table, "thinking 'bout last night?" She teased with a raised eyebrow.

"No" Mila replied too quickly, unintentionally saying more than she should have.

"Well, that means yes" Freya pushed further, obviously missing Lucy's side-eye in Mila's direction whilst she herself sat with her eyes straight forward, not wanting any more awkwardness.

"No, no I was just looking at the beach"

"Hmm, sure" Freya made a point to wink, before laughing, taking another sip of her drink, "heard you and Harry came back after the rest, nothing going on there?"

"Nope," she replied just as quickly, noticing Talia nudging Freya's knee with her own.

"I'm off to the toilet" Lucy announced suddenly, already halfway into the restaurant by the time they had time to register what she had said.

"What's that about?" Freya asked cluelessly, obviously not intending to hurt Lucy's feelings with all her questions.

"She likes Harry" Talia replied nonchalantly, scowling as Mila hit her arm, "what?"

That was something that had originally drawn Mila towards the dark-haired girl, she always spoke her mind without bothering to think first, whereas Mila thought way too much.

"Oh...shit" Freya pulled her lips down with a sharp intake of breath, "well now I feel like a bitch, I wasn't trying to make her feel bad" She frowned slightly.

"No, it's okay she'll be fine she knows nothing going on," Mila told the girls in front of her.

"So, nothing is going on?" Talia asked a slight smirk to her voice.

"No" she denied, again way too quickly, "the others left us so we got our own bottle and drank on the beach, then went back to the Villa" They both nodded, not saying much as Lucy came back, slipping into her seat in silence.

"We should get going," Lucy's voice was tense, with anger nipping at the tip of her tongue, and none of the girls were ready to argue with her.

—————
Written: 7th December 2020
Published: 8th December 2020
Edited:17th June 2023