✮ FOURTY SEVEN ✮

Mila's pov

It was a sad sight, the house that Mila and Lucy shared. A twenty-minute walk from any station, down a dingy street. She kicked the weeds that grew through the pavement, rounding puddles in an attempt to stay somewhat dry, despite the spitting rain.

A hood was pulled over her head, Harry's hoodie keeping her warm and dry, protecting her even though he was soon to be on another island altogether.

"Luce?" Mila called out as she pushed open their front door, having to slam it extra hard due to the broken lock, "I'm home" she dropped her bag, quickly pulling off the wet hoodie and shoving it in her bag, safe from Lucy's eyes.

There was no response, the only sound from the television where soft radio music played, a breeze running throughout the bottom floor.

"Lucy?" She called again, slipping off her shoes as she walked further into the house, "you here?" obviously she was home, the door had been open.

There was a tap on the backdoor, letting Mila know that she was outside.

"Out back" Lucy called, her voice deep like she hadn't slept in days, when in reality she was just inhaling a drag.

Mila made her way through the house, flinching as her feet hit the cold tiles, furrowing her eyes at the dishes in the sink. Slowly she pulled open the fridge, spotting only bottles of water and packets of ham and uncooked bacon.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine" Lucy spoke, turning her head away.

Mila fell beside her, both girls squeezed onto the back doorstep, their knees bunched up in front of them. Lucy pulled her dressing gown tighter around her shivering body.

"Doesn't look it," Mila laughed, trying to defuse the tension, "come 'ere" she wrapped her arm around the older girls shoulder, pulling her closer.

"I'm fine" she repeated, elbowing Mila's arm off of her before taking another drag of her fag, tapping the ash off.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes, smoke wafting into Mila's face but she didn't bother to grimace, sensing Lucy was in a hair-trigger mood.

"What's wrong?" Mila finally settled on, staring out to the back garden, noticing how the rain had made the mud run.

"Why don't you ask Talia" Lucy spat out, tapping her fag one last time before pushing the butt of it into the wall before throwing it away, standing up and going back inside.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mila's eyebrows furrowed, following closely.

"Well you've been there so much lately, I'm guessing Talia has all your answers" The taller girl continued, the kitchen door slamming against the wall as she flung it open.

"Luce-"

"No, no, it's fine, really. Just replace me" Mila felt like she'd been shot in the chest, the words coming completely from left field.

"What? I'm not replacing you" she followed behind the angry girl.

"Really? Because you've spent every night at Talia's for the past month" she wasn't wrong, Mila couldn't argue with her on that. She had been at Harry's whilst telling Lucy she was with Talia, however, the jealousy was unneeded, "I just think that after everything I've done for you the least you could do is not replace me with anybody that shows you a lick of attention" Lucy shrugged, a fake laugh in her voice.

"'everything you've done for me'?" Mila questioned, staring at the the side of Lucy's head.

"Got you out of Teeside, which let's be real is the best you're made for; brought you to France with me; introduced you to all my friends; let you follow me around like a lost puppy for the last three years." She counted off on her fingers, "Do I need to continue?"