Chapter 1

The walk to library had Jade panting for air, She wasn't fit nor was she unfit, but right in the middle. She was proud of her exercise accomplishments, although she wasn't popular at all. She was happy she wasn't the last to be picked during gym class.

She pulled her phone from her pocket and checked the time. It was nearing two' o clock and she wanted to make it home by four. She knew if she took the bus home she would be able to make it home in under fifteen minutes verses walking which would take thirty. She concluded that she needed to leave at three forty-five.

Jade's accusations were strangely always right. She was very observant, mainly because of her "flaw" she had always been a thinker. She always took her time with things, I mean what else could she do.

Her grades were above excellent. She was told by many teachers, she was by far the most intelligent student the school has ever had.

Jade was relieved to finally make it into the air conditioned building and out of the almost one hundred degree summer weather. Jade had spent more than half of her summer in the library, and wanted to make sure she would spend her last Saturday in the library before school opened on Monday.

Jade pushed on the door with confusion etched on her face, with a sigh and a smack on the head Jade realized she was pushing on a door that clearly said pull. This is something she had been doing for the past two months.

The librarian, Mrs. Monte, chuckled as Jade sheepishly walked in. Mrs. Monte was probably the only person she could tolerate. "Jade, I'd think you couldn't read for the amount of times you pushed the door with the big red sign that spells pull."

Jade smiled politely at her and made her way towards her favourite books, Pulling the worn out book from the shelf, she ran her fingers delicately across the title. Looking for Alaska. It was her favorite and she wanted to read it just once more before she was attacked with school work.

*~*

Jade zipped up her backpack and laid on her bed after checking to make sure all of her school supplies were in order. It was pretty early and she was home alone. So she did something, she could only do when she was.

She turned to her beats pill and connected her phone to it. She scrolled through her music before finally deciding on Shawn Mendes 'Life of the party'. She loved the song and played it 24/7. She slowly rocked to music with her eyes closed.

She envisioned herself wrapped into the arms of a boy, She watched as the dream unfolded before her closed eyes.

Her back was pressed up against the most beautiful boy she had ever seen. They rocked back and forth slowly to the song she had playing in the background. Jade watched as the boy nestled his face into her shoulder causing her to look down at him with loving eyes.

The boy then placed a soft sweet kiss in the crook of her neck. She turned to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up into eyes. The boy leaned down and brought his lips close to hers."I love you." he murmured.

Jade smiled and responded. "I love you too." and their lips were connected.

"Jade, hunny are you okay?" her mother knocked on the door.

Jade quickly snapped out of her reverie and turned towards her mother.

She nodded her head, knowing everything was not okay without the boy by her side but, she climbed into bed anyway.

After her mother shut off the lights and closed the door. She closed her eyes and dreamed of the beautiful boy.