Chapter 8

He smiled his heart-warming smile. "Go on a date with me."

Jade stared at him blankly wondering if she heard him correctly.

Why would someone like Kasper want to go on a date like me. She thought.

"I see the look on your face, you must be wondering, why all of a sudden I asked you on a date." He moved from his spot and sat on the edge of her bed

"Truth is I've always had a little crush on you, but never had the courage to approach you about it. I mean just look at you, you're this smart beautiful girl and." He paused, his voice dropping to a whisper. "I'm just......Kasper."

Jade tilted her head and analyzed him. His body twitched every few seconds along with the slight shaking.

Only one word could describe his fidgety state, he was nervous.

Jade placed her pale hand on Kasper's and gave him a small smile.

"So is that a yes or no?" He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Jade thought about it. She had never been on a date before much less had a friend. What makes her think she could date Kasper.

And then her thoughts shifted to Seth. What would he think? wait why does it even matter, they were just friends after all?

She looked at Kasper and gave him a short nod followed by a smile.

He got up and left, silently hoping this would go good, but in her mind all she could think about is Seth.

••••••••••••••••••

Handing Jade's mom a schedule, Merideth began reciting jades therapy sessions time.

"Thursdays and Tuesday's at five for two months." Julie nodded her head taking in her daughters new schedule.

"That's it for now." Merideth glanced down at her clipboard before continuing. "Make sure she gets some rest and doesn't work too hard for the next two weeks and also......."

Swinging her feet back and forth Jade zoned out after that. She just wanted to go home and it seems as if her mother, Julie and Merideth were preventing it by talking so much.

Jade huffed, sighed, and rolled her eyes, she did any and everything to get her mothers attention and finally after 10 minutes she finally got it.

"Jade I've been waiting on you to get up for the past thirty minutes. Dont you want to leave?"

She stared wide-eyed after her mother taking in deep breaths.

How she wished she had her voice right now.

And that's when Jade realized something.

She wanted her voice back and she would work until nothing to get it.