Chapter 6

For the past three days Seth and Jade had begun growing closer, in a friendly way. Currently they were sitting in English class when Seth had introduced her to an app which allowed her to talk by typing.

It was just a few minutes before the bell had rung which meant she didn't have the chance to try it out.

She waved goodbye to Seth and made her way into the hallway. She began to notice how many people were watching and pointing at her.

Rolling her eyes, Jade continued down the hallway trying to ignore the whispers and stares she got.

Its been this way ever since the fight with sandy and she hated it. She felt as though every pair of eyes were on her and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

As she maneuvered around the crowded hallway a long tan leg dressed in ankle bracelets and tan wedges stretched out before her sending her flying through the crowd of students and into the wall of lockers.

Jade cringed as her head slammed against the metal lockers and a sharp pain ignited on the right side of her head. Jade began to tremble, with tears streaming down her face. A liquid she recognized as blood began trailing down her face.

But the worst part was the repulsive laughter coming from her surrounding peers.

"Thought you'd get away with that stunt you pulled huh? Well guess, what." Sandy emerged from the crowd. "You can never get away with anything when I'm involved."

Sandy raised her leg slamming it into Jade's side. Jade groaned out in pain as the pain exploded in her ribs.

Sandy chuckled and walked away taking her flock with her.

For hours Jade whimpered on the floor hoping for anyone to stop and help her, hoping for Seth to find her but, no one did, he never did.

•••••••••••••••••••••

The constant beep of the hospital machinery was the first sound that met Jades ears.

She cringed as she tried to move, her ribs felt like they were on fire and her head felt like someone had won a head shot off of her on call of duty.

Her eyes cracked open a bit allowing her eyes to adjust to the bright lights before they opened completely.

She took in her surroundings, her mother and father were sitting on a couch on the far right of the room, and Jake sat on the floor near her bed watching an intense match of football on television.

She laid her back down enjoying the silence yet tense air before it gets polluted with her parents demands for information.

Jake noticed her shifting in the bed and looked in her direction, as soon as he opened his mouth Jade lifted her finger to her mouth telling him to be quiet, but she was too late, he had already pronounced the first half of her name, which gained her mothers attention.

"My baby." She wailed. Jade mentally cringed as her mothers cries pierced the silent air. Jake shot her an apologetic look as everyone crowded her bed.

"I never thought I'd see my only daughter on a hospital bed at such a young age!" Her mother continued. "Jade don't you ever scare me like that again. I love you so much. I'm taking you out of that school, from now on I'm home schooling you."

Jade immediately shook her head, she didn't want to be home schooled, she wanted to go to school with Seth and graduate like a normal teenager. "We'll talk about this later, but just be happy that young man found you and brought you here." Her father huffed.

Her mind instantly shifted to Seth and she made a mental note to thank him.

There was a knock at the door which captured every ones attention before a doctor stepped in. She looked about 50, with her half blonde half grey hair and slight wrinkles but nonetheless she was still pretty.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Swaillen, but you can call me Merideth." She smiled sweetly at Jade before continuing "If you don't mind, I'd like to have a few words with Jade." She asked no one in particular, but gave a pointed look to her parents.

"Sure go ahead." Her dad spoke up. They all left the room, with Jake being the last to leave, he planted a kiss on her forehead and closed the door.

"Lets get down to business shall we." Merideth began. "I think we may have found a way for you to regain your voice."

******

Hey guys,

I don't know if any of you noticed but my chapters are very short which I plan to change. I Have quite a lot of schoolwork to do so I hardly have time, but when I do, I plan on making longer chapters.

Stay Beautiful!

XxKrystalxX