Chapter 5

Footsteps echoed through the empty hallways as Jade and Seth walked quietly but, quickly. Jade looked up at Seth wondering where the hell he was taking her, and why he hadn't let go of her hand.

It was only a short moment before he noticed her stare.

They watched each other for some time before Seth spoke up. "What's wrong?"

She stared at him blankly wondering if he heard a word that came out of Sandy's mouth.

"Wait, sorry, that was so dumb of me." He rambled.

Jade grinned widely as if she was laughing. She didn't know why she did, but in her head, she had to admit he was cute when he rambled like that.

Jade didn't know why she was acting this way towards him. This morning she was on the verge of hating him.

"How are we going to talk now?" Seth asked mainly to himself.

Jade shrugged, she wanted to talk to him, to anyone and it was killing her inside.

Seth snapped his fingers, mumbling something under his breath.

He let go of Jade's hand and immediately she missed the warmth.

He set down his bag and pulled out a notepad and the pen Jade had gave him the day before.

"Ok, I'll talk, you write." He said as he gave her the notepad and pen.

"What's your name?"

Jade Thomas

"Cute name, if you didn't already know my name is Seth Ramirez."

Jade couldn't help but blush at his comment.

"Okay, how old are you?"

17

"So am I."

Seth paused in front of the girls bathroom before letting out a sigh.

"Ah, here we are." he pulled her into the girls bathroom.

Jade raised an eyebrow at him. "I wasn't going to take you into the men's room."

Seth walked her over to the sink and surprisingly pulled her up onto the counter.

He grabbed a few napkins and began peeling pieces of wet lettuce mixed with pizza sauce and salad dressing from her clothes and skin.

"You shouldn't worry about what she says to you. I've heard about you, everyone calls you the mutant genius. I heard all these things about you, and the first thing I thought was, wow, this girl must be incredible."

Jade was too embarrassed to look up at him, or he'd see how red her face was.

No one had ever spoken to her that way before.

He tilted her chin up making her look directly at him. She never noticed how nice his eyes were, in some areas they were dark brown and some, hazel. Then there was his lushes pink lips along with his sharp jawline. He was stunning which frightened Jade, she knew there was only one thing a boy like him could ever want from a girl like her.

Jade blinked snapping out of her thoughts as Seth slowly moved his thumb in gentle circles on Jades chin.

To Jade this was normal communicating without words but to anyone else who entered the restroom would think otherwise.

Seth was positioned between Jades' legs as he stroked her face not to mention his face was about a centimeter away from hers. Jades' face burned at the thought of that actually happening causing her to shy away from him.

Seth backed away, clearing his throat. "Sorry about that." He apologized.

Jade only smiled in return and began making her way out of the bathroom. "I'll see you later." Seth's voice followed her out as he stood at the sink full of used napkins dripping in food items as he thought to himself.

"What the hell am I doing?"