Chapter 2

This was it. Senior year. Jade couldn't believe how fast the years went by until her mother, to her dismay, reminded her.

They all sat at the table for breakfast, engaged in some kind of conversation with each other. Everyone except Jade of course.

Occasionally a question was directed to her. It was the usual yes or no question which isn't complicated to answer.

Family time is her least favorite time of the day. She hated watching her family laugh and communicate with each other while she sat silently like an outcast.

She's been one her whole life, and sometimes she didn't mind but at others she was wishing to be apart of the latest gossip groups, to talk on the phone for hours, sit and have conversations with a best friend or perhaps even a lover.

Jake nudged Jade from beneath the table and hinted at her by tilting his head towards their mother, someone was trying to get her attention.

She looked at her mother to find her staring at her as if expecting an answer. Not wanting to upset her mother she nodded her head as though she was listening.

"Well that's great honey." Her mother smiled as Jade wondered what was so great.

She picked up her plate and waved goodbye to her family before picking up her bags and keys.

Although Jade was mute that still didn't stop her from doing anything. Her mom offered to drive her to school for the rest of her high school life but jade showed her she wanted a license.

She was also offered to be home schooled for high school just like she had been for middle school but she wanted to go to school. She wanted to be normal but deep down she knew she was far from it.

She stopped at a stop light and lightly tapped her fingers against the steering wheel.

She glanced out of her window and gaped at the car next to her. She had never seen such a nice car in her neighborhood. She wasn't poor or anything, the car was just, really nice, and probably really expensive.

The window was rolled down a bit. Exposing the top of the drivers face. From her view, The boy looked about her age. He had dark hair and dark eyes but nonetheless he was very attractive.

The more she stared at him, the more attractive he became. His head slowly began to turn in her direction and as soon as his eyes locked with hers, She heard a string of horns causing her to slam her foot on the pedal.

She had never been so interested in a person before, and all she did was lock eyes with him.

Jade shook her head ridding herself from her absurd thoughts. She parked her car and was out a short moment later.

Jade slowly made her way to the entrance. She listened for the fresh rumors to surface but, it never came.

Everyone was talking about some new guy named Seth Ramirez.

The revving of an engine caused everyone to stop and turn their attention to the parking lot.

Jade stood next to two brunettes as she watched the expensive sports car she was next to minutes ago drove into the schools parking lot.

"Oh my god. Is that him?" The girl closest to her asked the other.

The girl shrugged her shoulders as the boy hopped out of his car with confident flowing through him.

She turned to the other girl squealing. "It is him, Seth Ramirez, who would've thought he'd come to our school."

Seth began making his way towards the entrance of the school sending a wink in Jades direction.

"Oh my god, did you see that he just winked at me!" The brunette squealed annoyingly making jade rethink her reasons for wanting to join high school in the first place.

This is going to be one long year she thought to herself.