Prologue

White or black? she thought to herself. Wondering which pair of converse she would wear for the day.

She wore a black and white striped shirt with black skinny jeans so both shoes worked. Taking a final look she laced up her black converse.

She walked over to the mirror taking in her reflection. Jade wasn't self conscious, she loved the way she looked, she wasn't perfect, but to her she thought she was as good as it gets.

But everyone has flaws right, she thought. Her eyes dropped to her small pink lips. She opened her mouth and began mouthing words like she was talking.

It was her morning ritual. She couldn't understand how something so easy was so hard for her. Her mom dad and Jake did it, even her one year old brother Boston was doing it, and although they were little baby words, she envied him for it.

She felt like the rosy pink lips that were set under her nose was a waste of space, with no purpose in life. She thought her lips were like her. Useless.

It was always there but it never meant anything, just because she couldn't make a sound, she was an outcast.

Jade hated that and sometimes would get to worked up over it, but she'd never let it get the best of her.

Walking over to her door, she picked up her satchel which laid perfectly on a hook. Since she has nothing better to do she decided to hang out at the library.

She walked out into the hallway and immediately could hear the music blasting from Jake, her older brothers room.

Deciding whether to tell her brother she was leaving or not, she pushed the door open. She peered inside and her eyes immediately locked eyes with her brothers. She gave him the signal saying she was going out.

He nodded. "Where?" He spoke and instantly she cringed, but pulled a book from her satchel and in an instant Jake knew what that meant.

She closed his door and sighed, or at least tried to. She hated to hear other people talk simply because she couldn't.

She liked silence. It's her best friend.

___________________________

Im so excited to begin writing this.

I did this chapter just to give a little idea of what her life is like.

So enjoy!