14

Hey guys! So I'm doing this on my phone so please forgive any mistakes please and thank you.

Happy Easter!! And for those of you who don't celebrate it: have a wonderful day not normal but full of sunshine and loveliness because you deserve it you sweet pea ^ - ^

So I have something to say at the end of the chapter and it is important so stick around for that!

Remember to vote and share this story for ultimate chocolate

*cough*

I do apologize in advance for this chapter I love you all.

~Stephanie;)

"I am so sorry, Itachi, Tane, there seems to be no other way." I refrained from glaring at Danzo at the Hokage's words. Mainly because Itachi's presence was making me do so.

"We understand." Itachi said, quietly.

"Well, then. You have no time to waste." I clenched my fists at my sides and I tensed. Itachi stood from kneeling and I followed, doing so as he walked out. When we were in the hallway, he pushed me up against the wall, harder than I would have expected.

He didn't say anything. Only his hand on my waist, the other on my shoulder. My arms relaxed against the wall, and I looked at him sadly.

"What is it, Itachi?" I asked, my vocie quiet. He shook his head, closing his eyes and pressed his forehead to mine. I leaned my head closer, feeling his nose against mine and our lips brush.

He kept quiet. I understood. He was in pain. Why was it, that it was him? His clan? Why couldn't have he been able to succeed? Save not only one friend, but his whole life. Himself, and his roots. Everyone he loved.

"After this," I said, lightly placing a kiss on his lips, "everything," I moved to his jawline, one word after every kiss, all the way to below his ear, "will be okay."

I rested my head in the crook of his neck and put my hands on top of his.

"Maybe not everything," I corrected, doing my best to keep my lip from trembling, "but we can be." I pressed my lips to the fabric of his ANBU outfit and pulled my head away, looking at him in the eyes.

"They're at the academy." He said, his demeanor sad.

"I know." I whispered.

"We can do it before they get home-"

"But the others, Itachi." My heart sunk further into my chest as I said the words.

And just as I said the words, I saw his walls start to build up again. The wall of no emotion, the wall of no mercy. It went up completely just before he kissed me, hard, fiercly, sliding his tongue into my mouth and pressing me against him for a few seconds before walking off, expecting me to follow him. And so I did, but I knew that there was no way there'd be that again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At night, is when we came out. We both kept our masks off, we wouldn't be accepted in the village after once we did this. And before we stepped into the Uchiha district's borders, Itachi whispered to me, "I'm sorry, but I took Madara's offer. It is the only place we'll be accepted," and I nodded, knowing that horribly, it was true.

We stepped in at the same time, both of us drawing our swords, and darting off in different directions.

I had gone through maybe about three houses until I came upon a house who decided to speak before they died. I remembered the man as the drunk who called me out at the dancer's concert. A time that seemed like forever ago.