7

Hey guys! Soooooo since I'm sick I thought today might be a good day for some uploads, so here's chapter seven!!

I want to thank you all so much for reading, as you know it means the world to me to know that people other than I are reading my works and enjoying them as well so thank you so much.

If you vote and share this story, Santa and Oprah (not sure how to spell her name tbh the struggle) will combine forces this christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate festivities) and give the ultimate gifts and to EVERYONE IN LIFE YES

*cough*

Well, I hope you all enjoy, and here's the chapter!

~Stephanie ;)

Turned out, Shisui and Sasuke and literally everyone else in the hospital was right. Itachi was okay, but it turned out he had a rare medical conditon. They could treat it, but he'd have to keep up a habit of taking medication. I didn't mind, as long as he lived.

"You thought I was going to die?" Itachi said once he was released. He walked normally, talked normally, dressed normally. But nothing seemed normal. I guess it never did. I just hadn't noticed.

I didn't reply with words, just shrugged staying in the position of elbows on knees, one bouncing up and down, head in hands and mouth being covered.

"Tane." Itachi snapped in my face, and my eyes slowly drifted up to him. I didn't say anything, just kept doing what I had before.

"Snap out of it." He said so lightly, so sweetly that I almost thought it wasn't him. But I couldn't stop because the fear was still in me, that one day we would be separated.

It was inevitable.

"Where's Shisui?" Itachi asked, giving up for the time being on shoving me out of my emotional state.

"Mother called him home." I mumbled into my hands. Itachi nodded, and sat down next to me, grabbing one of my hands with both of his, and planting a kiss on it.

The opposite hand Shisui did.

"What's on your mind, Tane? You usually aren't..." I shrugged, not really letting him fully finish his thought.

When I decided to finally look over at Itachi, I spotted his father leaning against the wall outside of the room, staring at me with disapproval and complete and utter disgust. I locked eyes with him, not daring to let go for a second.

He was the one to look away.

"Tane." Itachi put his hand on my shoulder, and stared me in the eyes, turning my face to meet his.

"Hm?"

"I've been trying to get your attention." I slighlty nod. "What time is it?" I didn't even need to look at the clock on the wall.

"Four a.m." Itachi's face grew worried, worried for me.

"Tane, you don't have to be-"

"Don't. I'd be up anyways, and you worried me, Itachi." He gave a slight smile. I was glad that he appriciated my concern, but he still looked in pain. The smiled looked forced. Maybe it was.

"I appriciate your concern for my family, Tane. I'm so glad that you care for me, too." He pressed his lips lightly to mine, the metallic taste of blood still lightly lingering on his tounge. When we pulled apart I could see Fugaku watching us out of the corner of my eye.

The thought made me wickedly excited that we were illicitus.

"You are allowed to go home, right?" I whispered. He nodded hesitantly.